I am 49 years old and i was diagnosed menopausal 13 months ago. I have gone 13 months without a period and I am spotting

Health Advisor
A woman is diagnosed menopausal when she doesn’t get a period for at least 12 months.

Considering you haven’t had your period for 13 months, I would say you need to check out this spotting. There are other things that can cause bleeding besides menstruation and some of these things’ and conditions’ risks increase with age.
Ovarian cysts are very likely to cause bleeding and spotting. They may also cause pain, cramping, pressure, fullness, or pain in the abdomen, dull ache in the lower back and thighs, pain during sexual intercourse, nausea or vomiting, and breast tenderness.
Of course, not every woman would experience all of them.
Uterine fibroids and polyps as well as polyps on the cervix would cause spotting as well.
It could be due to hormonal imbalance but it could also be due to cervical cancer.
It is wise and advised to check any bleeding that occurs after menopause due to some many both harmless and some very dangerous conditions (like cancer that can be cured if noticed in time)