For the past four or five days I have been experiencing terrible bloating to my abdominal region. My period is nearly 5 days late with no sign of coming. I am weak, and my stomach, while not painful, feels full all the time. I have also not been able to have a bowel movement for several days.

I don't have money for a doctor insurance, so I don't want to go if it is not serious - any ideas what could be causing this? or what I could do?

By the way, it is nearly impossible that I could be pregnant, as I have not been sexually active. Nor am I on birth control or any other kind of hormonal treatment.

-E

I too have exact same symptoms: missed period, severe bloated abdomen, but I have no problem with my bowel movements. I wonder since posting your question/topic if your problem was sorted out and if so, what was the outcome?

I have been more stressed than usual at work, but I am not normally a person that this affects.

Can anyone advise me as after reading an article on Ovarian Cancer, I am becoming increasingly worried but I don't want to bother my GP as I am sure I am over exaggerating.

I have similar symptoms and am becoming increasingly concerned but don't want to consult my doctor if I can avoid it. I haven't had sex, yet have similar symptoms to pregnancy. I have an incrediably increased appetite, fairly severe bloating, and am late 3-4 months.. Very worried, and have no idea what it could be as my period used to come fairly on schedule...

I too have been having theese problems. I am a 23 year old girl, I have missed 6 periods but pregnancy tests are negitive. I am constipated, bloating, cramping. all the typical pregnancy stuff. doctors cant figure out whats going on ?

i too have been constipated, cramping, weight gain, etc....I have had mirena (iud) for alomst a 11 months now and was having my period every month..and then the last period of mie was on june 12th...i have taken 4 pregnancy test and they all say negative..another thing i have noticed is an increase in heart burn...i have called my doctor and she said it should be nothing to worry about that the mirena can make you not have a period and told me to drink water for the constipation...so i just dont know anymore...without the negative test i could have swore i was pregnant....has anyone had these same symtoms or know anymore than i do?????

i am havig the same problems? did anybody find a cure ?

I am also having these symptoms,weight gain, constipation, severe heartburn, bloating, cramping and my period is 3 weeks late, did a test this morning and it was neg, i just can't figure out what is going on!!!!

Same EXACT problem here, but in my case, my tubes are tied! I am almost two weeks late, keep getting severe heartburn, been constipated for a few weeks, peeing ALOT, bloating, gas, cramps like my period is coming, but nothing. I can't figure out what is going on. I'm thinking that maybe it's because of the changing season, stress, or possibly starting pre-menopause (I am 38) . I'd hate to think that after having my tubes tied for 13 years, i'd be pregnant! Has anyone else had this problem?

ovarian cysts and/or ovarian fibroids.

source: had no period for 5 months, went to the drs, they ran blood work and did an ultrasound.

i havent had my period since september and now is almost the end of february 2011. i have a lot of pain on the right side of my stomach. i tend to say gassy and frequent indigestion and heartburn so bad to the point my food starts to come up in my sleep. im starting to swell and have no idea what it could be because of my insurance pending. im terrified to find out what it is if i do go to the dr. because of the pain i have in my stomach and side.

I know exactly what you guys are talking about. I'm 18 years old and my period is not 8-10 days late, in the last few months my period when from a regular 28 cycle to more like 30 days. I'm not sure if I'm pregnant even thou me and my boyfriend have unprotected sex all the time, I been constipated for about a week one and my breast are streamly sensative and sore to the touch. I'm not sure if I'm just stressed which is causing my period to be late (cause I've heard about that) or if truly pregnant. I dont have money or health insurance to go to a doctor, and I'm afraid to tell my boyfriend's mom till I know for sure. I been also feeling really dizzy and tired as well as nauseas, I was wondering if anyone knew of something I could do to know for sure if I am. I heard their is a type of soup that can be use as a home pregnancy test. Guys please help.
thanks

We should all be noting where we live - it is possible that something environmental is causing these symptoms/missed periods. I have never heard of so many women in so many age ranges having similar problems with bloating, pre-menstrual syndrome, but periods delayed between a few days and months. If you were all in your late 40s it would be different, as it would probably be pre-menopause. 

Everyone that has had these symptoms need to get checked for PCOS, which is polycystic ovarian syndrome.  It is what I have.  I can go years without a period.  I usually get a sharp pain in the sides of my pelvis, which is where the ovaries are.  This is a common problem, especially with over-weight people. 

did you find out what was wrong i am 32 with the same exact thing tubes tied and all i am scared

I myself same symptoms. I'm 34 years old. I just quit smoking 3 months ago and thought it could be caused from health change. I have been refered to a GP and also a pelvic ultrasound booked. I live on lake huron if any think it could be enviromentally. And live near a wind turbine community.