Couldn't find what you looking for?

TRY OUR SEARCH!

We recently all began working at a new bar and so far 6 of our staff are suffering nosebleeds (some frequently recurring) more have migraines and dizzy spells and people are reporting nausea too. Does anybody have any suggestions why they would all be suffering? The place of work is a bar/restaurant.

Loading...

That is very interesting and your concern is warranted. Wondering if there is any mold exposure or something worse. Common symptoms to black mold poisoning are headaches, lack of concentration, dizziness, nausea, memory loss, red eyes, development of rashes and hives on skin, lethargy, nose bleeds, etc. Mold is commonly found, if untreated, in the bathrooms.

If the bar is smokey in nature, and there is poor ventilation, these symptoms you are experiencing could also occur. How ventilated is your place of employment? Do you all work the same shifts? And, have you mentioned this to your supervisor or owner of the bar? It could be time to clean the HVAC systems, and air/ventilation ducts.
Reply

Loading...

Hi:
This is very serious. Do those staff members have any other things in common other than work? Consider that too. As for now, I would suggest that specialists come in and the carbon monoxide in the air, immediately. I would also have gas technicians come in and check the appliances. I would also check for mold poisoning. Personally, I wouldn't be caught dead in the building for fear of dying. The owner of the building is responsible for checking things out. Is he/she aware of these very serious symptoms? It would be amazing if he/she is not doing anything to remedy the problem. I would also call the city building inspector. Mold poisoning kills and you can get it on your clothing, which means you can take it home with you. Get out of there now ! Come back when answers and solutions have been confirmed.
Reply

Loading...