At random times in a day, all of a sudden, even when at rest, heart works harder, head gets very warm, ears get hot and red and very sensitive to touch (pillows, noises) can last up to 8 hrs before it subsides. Been doing daily log of activity and food intake to rule out things that might trigger this. Extensive reasearch indicates this is a function of the

Autonomic Nervous system, giving commands to pump harder, and heat up head and ears. Need to find a way to switch this off. Dont believe pills will do this, as this is dangerous, because that nervous system is automatic. Think maybe I need to find a way to boost the system. Need to find why its getting messages and giving commands to pump harder and heat up head ears, etc. Any info along these lines helpful. Dont get headaches thank goodness!

Sometimes this is related to anxiety issues.  You suddenly become aware of your heart, then think something is wrong, and it starts to beat harder, etc.  Some of your other symptoms can also be as a result.

Start with a thorough physical exam. 

Hope it helps.

Tks for feedback. Have seen Family Dr a few times. All blood work ok, everything. Even had Ultrasound on abdominal etc. Urine showed

nothing. Repeated thyroid test..waiting results, took a 24 hr urine collection for rare disorder, awaiting results. I keep daily log of what I eat. If it doesnt happen that day I rule out the items. Dont believe its anxiety as I will be just relaxing and feel the heart working harder and head warms up and ears get very hot and sensitive to touch. Have ruled out carbon monoxide in hemoglobin. Appears to be nervous system giving command to speed up heartbeats and makes heart labour and consequently head and ears get warm. Last time it lasted for over 8 hrs before it subsided on its own. Seratonin level? Dont think there are pills to control this as it will effect other auto nervous sys responses. Maybe something the nervous system is lacking? Mystery as to why body getting these commands??

Davisal, I'm suffering similar condition please let me know if you ever diagnosed it. We seem to be repeating the same patterns, I've ruled out carbon monoxide poisoning and various other problems (lead poisoning, etc.) as well, but confused as to what it could be. I'm starting to think black mold poisoning curious if you had a mold problem back during your problem or if you ever found out what it was.

I have the hot ears and heart palpitations, nervous system acting up, hard to sleep. etc.

Sorry to tell you guys but you got erethymylegia. It will burn the *&^k out of you, submerge in ice and get pain meds and beta blockers. Should help, but other than that drink lots and lots and lots of ice filled water as well. it will help I promise, I am having the heat right now. good luck