Help! Something is wrong with our house- specifically the living room! Every time we go into the living room- our energy is instantly sucked from us & we usually fall asleep within minutes!!! When we leave the house- we feel great!! But as soon as we come home- our mood changes, & all our energy is depleted!! As soon as we go into the living room, we lose all of our energy, become lathargic!!

Can this be an energy vampire? Some sort of paranormal or poltergeist sent here from his bitter ex wife?

My partner and I have often feel this very phenomenon in the apartment we currently reside in, extreme fatigue, restlessness, hopelessness, lethargy, and general lack of feel good overcome us every time we enter. Mood swings over come most people being here and I cant help but deduce that the "energy" is very bad here. Once we leave something alleviates all this psychological and physical madness and we return to our normal glass half full selves but the minute we come back its like entering a cave of darkness. I wish I had an answer but all I have is empathy for you, my recommendation is move.

I would suggest you get your gas appliances checked NOW! This is an early sign of a carbon monoxide leakage. Do you have a gas fire, boiler or meter in that room? If you do, it is probably that. In the event of a carbon monoxide leak, you should (a) get out & stay out of the house, and (b) get your gas company out on an emergency call-out.

Once fixed, install some carbon monoxide detectors in the rooms with connected gas appliances. They could end up saving your life.

If you don't have gas appliances in that room (or don't use gas at all), then it could possibly be due to the amount of electricity in that particular room. Some people are 'sensitive' to the low amounts of energy emitted by electrical equipment and can suffer with lethergy, headaches & nausea when in a relatively small space, with a lot of a electrical stuff.

As for demons, vampires, etc....poppycock! If you believe that, then you may as well be looking for the fairy under the sofa who can restore your health. Your moods change because your energy levels change- that's logical.

It really does sound like some form of enviromental poisoning and/or sensitivity.

Best of luck.

V

Sometimes changing the products we use to more Natural ones help tremendously :) We have switched stores and now shop at an online catalog company that offers just that, more Natural products that are also safe for children & pets and we haven't felt better :)

It might also help to get some air circulation going and let in some fresh air.  Stale apartment air is low in oxygen.  A large standalone oscillating fan and an open window can help you there.  You could also consider getting a bunch of plants.  The plants will also put some moisture in the air and some will even remove chemical odors from the air.

It's also good to upgrade the lighting to more match that of daylight, but use indirect lighting(scattered as off the sealing).

Clearly the first thing you do is check for any gas or carbon monoxide leaks. If you are absolutely sure that have no leaks and that the building, or room, has an energy issue find a good diviner and have the building checked out For energy problems.  Get someone that has a lot of experience and can give you details of at least a half dozen previous satisfied clients.  Good luck.  

Check if you have a smart meter. these are the new wireless meters beging installed all over the USA, check out

***post is edited by moderator *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

to read more about it. The symptoms you describe are often associated with smart meters or some other elctro-smog problem. smart meters emit 40 times the non-ionizing radiation that wireless modems do. In effect, they are like having a mini-cell tower on your home. the meter will say smart meter on it. what I suggest if you do have one is to cover it with some kind of metal either foil or pot that will cover the meter and see if that makes a difference. otherwise call your local energy company and demand that you want to opt-out and that you want a non-smart meter installed.

My thoughts are:

Check the square footage of your living room and all the electronics you have in there.  We have a small living room and every plant we put in there dies.  Too many electronics in a small space is not good.

Check your carbon minoxide levels with a detector.

Shampoo carpets.

Check threadcount of your drapes and make sure they are not a heavy count.

Have soil tested right below foundation or close to it for mineral deposits.

Check the history of your house and left over energy that might be lingering.

sheila- washington, dc

I also rent with my husband an energy sucking house,From the beggining I felt bad in the house , I started to have diziness, bad situations , conflicts , every time is alone I feel deeply without any reason and I'm sure it's bad energies and dark entities, the house itself very dark and light almost don't come in. Now I told the renter that we leave , and I feel more dizzy and that׳s because the dark entities try to revenge , but I need to hang out 2 months , and the hell will end to me.

How do you feel now that you moved out of the place? The symptoms disappeared?

small hvac leak means OK when leave, after a few hours days. larger leak/long term exposure and other junk in system can really be long term suffereing.
wake up at night short of breath? go grab an oximeter from the drug store for $50. Might tell you something. But, it can take months or more to really get well after long term exposure. please reply back with symptoms and progress to help document this widespread danger.

This can be an issue with plumbing in house, odourless gasses coming from improper installation of sewage pipes causing these symptoms, I myself lived in a house with problems related to bad plumbing,pressurised smoke test of sewage pipes later revealed down pipes from toilets had no seals in fittings, some symptoms experienced were extreme tiredness,energy draining,sleeping in a really konked out state,respiratory problems,etc.
Definitely worth investigating.
Hope this helps.

I know this is an old thread, but a pulse oximeter will not tell you if you have carbon monoxide poisoning. It will give you a normal result even if your CO level is high. Don't use that as an indicator of CO poisoning.

Have house tested for radon