What should you test your home for if you think it is making you sick? I feel nauseated and fatigued when home. I left on vacation and felt fine while gone for two weeks. After returning home I started not feeling well by the second day back in the home.

Health Guru
Hi. The main two things that can cause illness are carbon monoxide poisoning if you have anything that is run on gas or open fire or damp related mould problems.

How old is your home? Within the past 20 years here in the USA we have had an influx of building materials from China. We have a lot of poisonous stuff coming from China. Pet food, prescription medicines, and many other items. The government purchased a lot of emergency homes for use in flood areas etc. that had to be discarded due to the toxic chemicals in the construction materials. Before that, new homes which were being constructed of materials coming from China because that was all the builders could get were problematic. People were getting sick from the outgassing from the materials. The government didn't take this seriously and was blaming it on the contractors until FEMA bought thousands of emergency homes that had to be abandoned.

I would expect you have a CO detector, it's the law here in the US, we are required to. Since I don't know where you are, maybe you don't have to in your country. Sewer gas is another possibility.