Hello! I'm not an expert in the field of medicine. I ask you to reply to my next question. I would like to know something about guillain-barre recurrence. Can guillain-barre syndrome recur? In case that I am not so optimistic my opinion is that this disease is rare for recurrence. Maybe someone has another opinion about it? I am thanking you for your sense.

I can answer this question, yes. My husband was diangosed with GBS in August 30,2012 he first had the signs of it in July 30, 2012 but was misdiagnosed for a month. My husband had  his first recurrence May 17, 2013 from a bacteria infection. My husband has had three different times of the IVIG treatments. Once August 2012, then the neurologsit tried again cause no improvements in March 2013, May 2013 first relaspe. It is scary that is for sure we have learned to accept what it is, cause my husband was misdiagnosed we were hit with damages that are not reversiable.

my friend got gullium barre a couple of months ago she went into hospital they treated her and then sent her home her hands were doing much better but she still could,nt walk, well just yesterday she had to go to hospital it had reoccured and she is in hospital now repeating the same treatment

My prayers are with your friend. It is a scary situation. It can reoccurred. My husband had his first reoccurred May 17 2013 right on our son's birthday so had to cancel his birthday party he was in bad shape. That is the only time he had a relapse. He is doing okay other the memory loss. He can walk short distance but then needs the wheel chair. He gets tired pretty fast. He has the hot flashes, where his skin gets red like he has been in the sun but hasn't. We just take each day one day at a time. He did have a supra pubic but they pulled it out this month since he was peeing on his on, he had to relearn how to potty train first before they pulled it out. I hope that you are there with her she or will need everyone support to get through this journey it isn't going to be an easy one either.

My husband had GBS last year. He now has fatigue and short term memory loss. Your post is the only one that has also mentioned the memory loss. It seems to me that all nerves would have been affected. Why not the nerves in the brain? Would anyone who has experienced this please reply?

Not sure this is relevant but my story is a little different. My wife suffered through GBS at the age of 19 in 1985 and then it recurred 23 years later at the age of 42. Both times she was hospitalized for about 3 months. She was able to relearn to walk. The second bout left her with continuing numbness and tingling. She did not regain 100% function in her feet but is able to live a normal life