I started smoking December '09 and have decided to stop february '11 because i am suffering from major short term memory loss which is also affecting my long term memory loss. I'm also having a hard time articulating my thoughts. My question is will i ever be back to normal again and if so how long will it take? i have started playing memory games and exercising a ton.

Could you please describe in an example how does this short term memory loss affects your long term memory? Because it is a fact that cannabis can have effects on memory functions, but I can really see from what you wrote here how do your symptoms exactly look like. Which of your long term memories are affected? I mean, you quit just a few days ago, memory issues really could still be due to a withdrawal.

Well i quit about 3 weeks ago, and you could be right about the withdrawals. But to clarify things, some of my issues are i can't remember conversations i'll have with people, i forget the little things for example: i'll forget my change at drive-thrus, like i said earlier articulating my thoughts has become very hard to the point where it sounds like i'm speaking jibberish at times or i can't get my point across which causes me to jumble up sentences. Overall, i know my personality is suffering, but i can say that i am showing improvement just not as much as i expected and i'm worried if it will ever be the same

im at similar situation here , do you sometimes talk while you sleep and it seems like your actually awake ? have your tried smoking since ?  really would like to hear back from you