Last week, I went to a dentist because my tooth hurt like hell. She fixed it, and put a cavity filling. Since then, I have gum pain around that tooth, and it still didn’t go away. What could be the problem?

Hi, my husband had the same experience. A dentist put him a simple cavity filling, and we didn’t understand why was he still in pain. It lasted for six days, so my husband went to dentist and asked him about this. He examined my husband again, and said that a new filling looks perfect. He also said that it’s normal to have sensitivity and discomfort after having cavity fillings placed, and that it sometimes lasts even for two weeks. Two weeks were gone, and the pain still didn’t go away. This time my husband went to another dentist, and she replaced his cavity filling for a new one, made from another material. The gum discomfort was gone, and he didn’t have pain any more. It turned that he was sensitive to cavity filling.