Hi~ I had a filling replaced in the first week of March, About a week ago, I started noticing a chemical -like taste from that filling whenever I ate a raw apple on that side of my mouth. It's similar to how old silver fillings would react with aluminum however this is not a metallic taste, it's very odd. It used to happen with raw carrots as well but that has stopped. I have no pain and I don't get this odd taste with any other foods. I called my dentist and he was clueless but said if it becomes "bothersome" to go in and have him check it out. It's a bit disconcerting when your own dentist doesn't even know!
This posting is probably the STRANGEST thing I've ever written on line but this is driving me a bit nuts as I love to eat fresh apples......could there be a certain acid in that particular fruit that is reacting with the new filling? It is not a silver filling it's almost white like my tooth (composite?)

Any info/advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thank You!

Hi Elspeth,

did your problem ever resolve? I'm experiencing the same thing but with a regular silver filling...very annoying!

Alena

Oh my gosh I have been experiencing this too! I had my first filling (white one) about a month ago and I can taste it whenever I eat certain foods (ESPECIALLY APPLES!) The taste really isn't pleasant and it's actually quite bothersome. I'm considering giving my dentist a call to see if they have any advice... I notice your post is from over a year ago, did you find out the reason at all?

Did anyone ever get an answer to this? I have the same problem

I have the exact same problem. Also with apple...but wih hot food too. So weird.