Yesterday, I finally found some courage to go to a dentist. He fixed my broken tooth and put me a cavity filling. It was fine when I came home, but now it is getting painful and sensitive. What should I do?

Hi, it often happens that tooth gets sensitive after putting a cavity filling. It can last for couple of days, but after that it goes away. It especially happens if your gums are moved during the procedure, because your sensitive part of the tooth is uncovered. However, if this pain lasts more than four days, ask your dentist to check if there’s something wrong with your new filling. If this is your first cavity filling, there is a possibility that you’re allergic to this material. However, very few people are allergic to this. If allergy is not the cause of your problems, maybe you filling is placed too high. In that case you would need a reduction.