Hi, few days ago, a dentist replaced my old filling to a new one. Ever since he put me this cavity filling, I feel pain and discomfort. What could be the problem?

Hi, I had very similar experience few months ago. My amalgam filling was broken, so I asked a dentist to replace it with cavity one. I like cavity filings, because they are white, and no one even notices that you have a filling. Beside that, I heard that amalgam fillings are bad because they contain mercury that is poisonous. When I came home from a dentist, I noticed a mild pain in my tooth. I thought it would go away, but it was only getting stronger. I thought this pain was related to cavity filling, so I went back to a dentist. He examined me again, and said that there was nothing wrong with my new filling. He told me to go home and be patient for three days at least before I came back to his office. The pain lasted for two days, and after that it was suddenly relieved. It seams that cavity fillings take more time to calm down, and I didn’t know that.