I am a 26 year old woman. I don't have any health problems. I have dandruff. U have short hair. From the top my hair is very thick and when it comes to the bottom it is very thin.i can't massage my hair because it results lots of hair loss. And I am scare that if I touch my hair it falls out more and more. During bath I have only little hair loss. But after sleep my hair falls out more and more. I discovered all these because of the weakness of the hair folicule. is that true . If not can you please help me. .......... i am suffering a lot. ..

Hi mariyam

I will list few reasons -  Nearly 20 out of every 50 women suffer from mechanical hair fall which is caused by the intense itching and scratching movements. Dandruff is caused by intense drying up of the scalp, and the constant urge to itch can lead to hair fall due to friction.   

However, there is a more insidious relationship between dandruff and hair fall that you probably have no clue about. Dermatitis is the name that should get you worried. It is a scalp skin condition which causes both dandruff and hair loss and it is believed that most people, who suffer from hair loss problems, also suffer from some version or the other of dermatitis!   

An important fact to remember is that none of the hair loss patterns in adults are actually caused directly by dandruff. In all cases, dandruff indirectly, through trauma induced by scratching and through the production of fungal secretions, causes loss of hair. Thus this is one myth that needs to be busted.    Keep in mind that dandruff and hair loss, form two ends of a vicious cycle. Not only does increased production of dandruff cause hair loss, sometimes it is also the other way round.

Which Comes First: Dandruff or Hair Loss?   

It is the proverbial egg and chicken situation. While dandruff indirectly leads to hair fall, certain chemicals in shampoos or solutions used to treat hair fall cause dandruff in return.   

The chief culprit in this is a chemical called minoxidil which is a common ingredient in shampoos and solutions for treating hair damage.   

It leads to flaking. Thus if you are wondering how those dandruff flakes are causing your hair to fall out, you should take a look at the contents of that follicle enriching shampoo that you have been using.

Thus, to answer the question that has been on everyone’s minds:   

Dandruff causes hair loss indirectly.   

It causes hair loss mainly through the weakening of hair roots due to constant scratching of the flaky scalp.

So, to fix hair loss due to dandruff, you must get the dandruff problem fixed first.

Described below are some recognized remedies of dandruff.

Dandruff Hair Loss: Causes and CuresKnowing the root cause of a disease is extremely important to find the best treatment option and assure a speedy recovery; same goes for dandruff as well. If you want to get rid of pesky dandruff in order to reduce excessive hair shedding, you have to figure out the actual cause first so that the issue can be addressed accordingly.When it comes to dandruff, there are a number of contributing factors ranging from dry skin to eczema, psoriasis, or overgrowth of fungus called malassezia and more. Furthermore, unhealthy diet habits, certain illnesses, lack of hygiene and wrong shampooing may also result in the development of dandruff flakes.

However, no matter what is the main culprit, dandruff can be effectively treated using synthetic and natural remedies.

1. Switch your Shampoo:The first step to take for dandruff free hair is to switch your cleanser. Say bye to your regular shampoo and switch to a milder one that is meant specifically for dandruff relief. These shampoos contain certain ingredients such as zinc pyrithione; ketoconazole, coal tar and selenium sulfide etc which help fighting dandruff causing germs and thus, offer relief from the condition.

2. Natural Remedies for Dandruff:Like other skin and hair conditions, nature provides treatments for dandruff as well. Here we tell you some of the most efficient and recognized natural remedies for dandruff.

a. Tea Tree Oil:Tea tree oil possesses great antiseptic properties and hence helps in combating various skin and hair conditions including dandruff. To use it as anti-dandruff treatment, add it in little amount to your regular shampoo and use it to cleanse your hair as usual. After a few weeks of regular use, you’ll definitely witness remarkable improvement in your condition.

b. White Vinegar:White vinegar is also found to be highly beneficial in treating dandruff. Thanks to its acidic properties, it makes your scalp environment unsuitable for fungal and bacterial growth and thus, helps preventing dandruff.

c. Olive Oil:Olive oil is the best solution if your dandruff is the result of undue dryness of scalp. Slightly warm olive oil deep conditions the hair and scalp and leaves it well-nourished, moisturized and dandruff free.Other natural remedial options for dandruff include lemon, aloe vera, thyme, baking soda, fenugreek seeds and much more.

So, if you really want to save yourself from hair loss which has been linked with dandruff, give these remedies a shot. I am quite sure you’ll find these remedies working for you, rendering you a head full of healthier, glossier tresses.

In case, none of these remedies worked for your condition, immediately set up an appointment with a qualified dermatologist and get the issue addressed medically.

good luck

Thanks for your advice. My hair is oily.Actually I am using a natural shampoo. And I don't comb my scalp roughly. I used to care my hair like a child. I want to know why my hair falls out by one touch. And also why my hair folicule is very weak.......and what I want to do to strengthen it.and most of my hair have only short life cycle, after that they all falls out.and now my hair is look like feather cut hair..... But I didn't cut my hair like that......it comes naturally..........

Dear mariyam
Thanks for feedback. Reason for hair being so weak is also attributed to malnutrition - may I suggest that you visit a dermatologist who can study your case and prescribe appropriate medication or diet changes

Is there any new treatment for strengthening hair folicule. ...injection or something like that. ..

Dear mariyam

I cannot prescribe medications, it is best for a doctor [dermatologist] examine you and then recommend medication. But, please note that quick fix methods show temporary results. Natural remedies and diet may take time to show results, but these are of long lasting nature. Good luck