I guess that hair could be thinning for any number of reasons or combination of reasons. I hope you will not tell me that without a thorough medical examination by a physician, it is impossible to tell me why this happened to me. I guess my problem is diabetes, so I wonder if that is possible my hair is thinning because of that. Can you tell me more about it, I want to understand process.

In general terms, some of the most common reasons for hair loss or thinning are genetic, and illnesses, such as diabetes is. Then poor diet, stress, different medications and post partum alopecia also could affect hair thinning. Although hair itself may appear simple, it is enough just to think about the incredible number of combinations of hair. Imagine how much a different part of your own body has different kind of hair. For example, your eyelashes are different then your eyebrows are. Also, hair on your arms is different from the hair on your head. It is this genetic code within each and every single hair follicle is different. The mechanism by which men lose their hair is better understood than the same process that affects women. The extent to which someone is affected by male pattern baldness is determined by a combination of genetic factors and androgens. We now know that tendency for male pattern baldness can be inherited genetically from either side of family.