Hi, I am a forty seven years old woman. All my life my hair has been my pride and joy. In the last couple of months it is changing. I can see that my hair is thinning. It seams that it is falling of as well. I am desperate. What can be causing this condition? Is there something that I can do to stop my hair from being like this?

Hi, thinning hair is common for women your age. However, there are several possibilities that can make thinning hair appear. Usually this condition is caused by genetic issues. This means that it is inherited. Actually, you inherit a condition called androgenetic alopecia. Hormonal changes can also affect hair this way. What I find incredible to believe is that change in nutrition is sometimes responsible for this condition. There are also some medications that appear as a trigger for thinning hair. You should pay a visit to the doctor. Some tests are necessary to find the right cause of the illness. Once determined, it will be easy to set the therapy.