i really need ur help. i am 22 & suffering from underchin hair problem .would like to know if their is any ultimate solution.thanks

I am assuming that if you are referring to an underchin hair problem then you are female? I imagine that any men who have chin hairs do not have an issue with it, so that's my best guess. The only real solution to this issue would be to get electrolysis to remove the hairs. There is no other solution other than shaving or plucking. I hope this helps.

There is also a cream available by prescription, Vianiqa, that is suppose to help stop the growth or at least slow it down.

kariB thanks for posting that. I was completely unaware of the cream. Do you happen to know why it would only be available by prescription though? IT doesn't make much sense that they wouldn't allow it to be available over the counter unless it has some counterindications.

There are a few depilatories out on the market that will help with unwanted female facial hair. Neet and Nair are quite popular. They come in different strengths for different body parts. Bikini, facial, legs, read the box before you buy.
Jolene also has one out which should be in the same section as the other stuff. You can wax also. Salon's offer facial waxing and the growth stays away for about 4 weeks. It hurts for a minute but applying a cold compress keeps the swelling down and eases the initial pain.

If you have excessive hair growth, you might want to get checked out by a doctor as well. Hirsutism is characterized by male-patterned hair growth and can be caused by hormone issues, PCOS, etc.

It's perfectly normal to have a few hairs spring up, most everyone has them! If that's the case, the other suggestions are fantastic! :-)

I agree with pcristin. This can indicate a hormonal imbalance. have you tried with some cream or wax? If any of this really does not help I should suggest that you go and see a doctor. Maybe something is wrong with your hormonal level.

I didn't know that there was a problem known as hirsutism. Can someone tell me a little more about it? I always thought that women had a few wild hairs just on account of hormones or whatever. I didn't know you could have something that caused you to have PCOS or something. Can you tell me a little more about it please?

I only know that the main cause of hirsutism is either an increased level of androgens or an oversensitivity of hair follicles to androgens.
I don't know too much about this. Maybe pchristin has more information on this.
Where you able to find what is causing your problem?

Hirsutism is male-patterned hair growth; basically hair growing where it typically doesn't. ;-) Hirstutism is usually a symptom of an underlying condition; it doesn't really sprout on it's own. It's caused by an overabundance of androgens or it can be that the hair follicles are sensitive and an androgen (testosterone) makes the pigment darker and the hair coarse.

There is usually an underlying cause, primarily a condition involving hormones. PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, sometimes referred to as PCOD, Polycystic Ovarian Disease), that elevates the androgens in the body, causing male-patterned hair growth. It can be tons of peach fuzz, beard, etc. It doesn't have to be pronounced and overtly obvious. It's normal to have a few stray hairs! You would have to have your hormone levels tested to see if that is the cause. There are many underlying conditions. Sprinolactone is a drug that is sometimes used to treat it because it is an antiandrogen.

I hope that helps! :-)

Thank you pcristin,
I think that this is really helpful informations. If I understood it right it is not only problem with long hair but also with peach fuzz all over the skin. I remembered that on of my girlfriends friend has this peach fuzzy hair all over hear hands. So I could tell her than that she can go and test her self for hormonal imbalance and get treated?

Hirsutism is usually in the areas where hair growth is present in males. Hypertrichosis is excessive hair growth, not caused by hormones, but I understand that is pretty uncommon. If it's peach fuzz (vellus hair) it could be due to Hirsutism by making the hair follicles sensitive.

Keep in mind that it is normal to have some unwanted hair growth! :-) I think telling her to go to the doctor is a personal decision. If the hair is bothersome to her, or she has other symptoms of an underlying condition, it might be wise to get checked out because there are ways to treat unwanted hair growth. As mentioned before, Spironolactone (Aldactone) is an effective way to treat Hirsutism.

I hope that helps!

Hi pcristin,
Well I didn't want to just tell her that she needs to go to doctor. I wanted more to be just a suggestion. I'm not sure that she feels uncomfortable. And I agree with you, it is normal to have unwanted hair. If you ask me I don't want hair anywhere els on my body accept on my head. :-)
Thank you for your post, it was helpful.
If you find or have any more information please feel free to share it with us.

Wait a minute, I am trying to figure out if there's a difference here between hirsutism and normal hair growth. I thought that most women had a small amount of peach fuzz that they had to take care of. Can you help me sort out the differences here? I am a little confused!

It is definitely normal to have a small amount of peach fuzz as a woman; when it is excessive or bothersome to the individual, I believe it should be checked out; just my take on it.

Excessive hair growth could be a couple hairs to one individual, so it's really hard to define on an individual level, I think. Medically speaking, it is excessive hair growth in a male-pattern. You really have to take into account ethnicity as well because some are more likely to have dark pigmented hair in a male-pattern vs. peach fuzz, or vellus hair.

Does that help??