I`ve noticed a small, (1cm by 1cm) non-painful hard lump above my abdominal muscles on the upper rights side of my stomach. Any ideas what it could be. I looked up liver cancer, but it feels kind of superficial for that...like its coming off the muscle.

Hi I don`t excercise but my upper abdomen area is rock hard but I have no pain . I Am a 33 yr old man who is also overweight , can a overweight belly be rock hard or is there something else?

I noticed a similar lump on my upper, right abdomen, right on the border of my ribs, almost half on top, half off. It came out of nowhere which is strange. I got severly sick a week ago, had sever eye pain and migraines which spread to horribly swollen tonsils with nausea and chills, and thats when i noticed the lump. Googleing it gets me scared because everything says liver cancer, but I'm only 20 years old, it doesnt seem likely. Let me know if anyone else has anything to say about this.

I get that same thing. I have lymph nodes swollen pretty much everywhere but I am on antibiotics so maybe that is a reason they are swelling? At any rate I have a swelling kind of where my solar plexus is except more toward the left and its half on half off my rib it seems. I have no appetite, fatigued, sense of fullness in my abdomen...so I totally understand but I am getting nervous about what might be going on?? Any ideas?

I was exercising today and got a sharp pain in my right upper ab. Then later I noticed it again. When I felt it it was a hard lump. I felt the left side and there wasn't anything there. I'm only 20 and someone said it could be a hernia. If anybody has a clue what it could be I'm all ears. I have to wait forever to get into the doctor so I'd really like to look at the possibilities while I wait.

Hi there, my young son has exactly what you have, a hard lump on the right side of his abdomen. The doctor said it could be fatty tissue and may have to be operated on, but to make sure my son has been referred to a specialist and will be having a ultrasound soon. Hope this helps.

My lump

I also have a lump on the right side of my abdomen (about 2 and a ½ inches from my belly button). It does not protrude out more than a half of an inch, but I can actually wrap my fingers around it and feel it—it is very hard. It is easier to wrap my fingers around it when I am sitting down, although I can also do it when standing up. When I squeeze it, it does hurt, but rather unnoticeable (painwise) other than that.

When I squeeze it, I can’t squish it any—it is rock hard. It feels like it is some hard bowel in my colon, but I have been having my bowel movements just fine.

I did go to the doctor today, and they did think it was an obstruction in my colon, but I don’t think it is as I am having normal bowel movements. It could, then, potentially be a hernia, some kind of cyst, or some kind of muscle that I’ve pulled.

I am 20 years old, very slim and healthy. Does anyone know what this is?

I TOO FOUND A LUMP IN MY LEFT CENTRAL ABDOMEN JUST BELOW MY RIB CAGE. I CAN TAKE IT AND PICK IT UP AND HOLD IT. IT IS ABOUT 6 INCHES LONG AND ABOUT 2 INCHES WIDE. VERY HARD AND FIRM. I WENT DID AN ULTRASOUND, THEY COULDN'T TELL ANYTHING, THEY ONLY SAID THAT IT BLENDED WITH MY ORGANS AND DIDN'T SHOW ANYTHING ABNORMAL. I WENT FOR A CT SCAN AND THE RESULTS SHOWED ONLY A MASS SITTING THERE NOT INVOLVING ANY OF MY ORGANS. THE BLOOD WORK TESTED NEGATIVE FOR ANY TYPE OF CANCER CELLS. MY LIVER, KIDNEYS, EVERYTHING WAS FINE. THE DOCTORS SAID IT COULD BE A FORM OF ABDOMENAL HEMATOMA. THERE IS BRUISING ON SURVICE. IT DOES CRAMP AND HURT, BUT ITS BEARING. DOCTORS TOLD ME THAT THERE IS NOTHING TO BE DONE AND IT HAS TO TAKE ITS COURSE. THEY DID SAY THAT A MAJOR CAUSE OF THIS IS DUE TO SOME KIND OF RECENT ACCIDENT OR INJURY. OF WHICH I WAS INJURED ABOUT 4 YEARS AGO AND WAS BRUNG TO THE HOSPITAL. I DONT REMEMBER HITTING MY ABDOMENAL AREA, ONLY MY HEAT AND RIGHT SHOULDER BLADE.

Could be hiatal hernia in those cases.

Hi everyone,

A lump in the upper abdomen on the right side could well be a liver complication but by the same token and much more likely is that it is either a strained or pulled muscle or a hole in the abdomen wall called a hernia. It could be a number of other things too. There are quite a few organs in that area - The Stomach, The Pancreas, The Liver, The Duodenum, Bile Ducts etc. Don't just sit there if you have a lump, always go to a doctor and insist on having the lump explored. This is YOUR life. Ignoring lumps and bumps means you may not be topside as long as you want to be.

Go to the doc guys! Don't guess what it is or worry about the worst case scenario. Let the professionals tell you. All the best people. Hope the lumps dissapear.

Kind Regards

aa

It is easy to say go to the doctor when you have insurance. Without health insurance I cannot even get into an office to check my stomach lump.

Possibly hardened fecal tissue in the digestive track. I had similar lumps right and left under rib cage and about 2 inches above my belly button. Dr. (friend of mine) suggested I start a colon cleansing ritual. After about 3 weeks of daily cleansing large, solid black tire track looking things started comming out. Each large one coresponded to a lump disapearing or getting smaller.

its fine its just a message spasm , i have them in my upper right abdomen

hernia, see a surgeon

My 12 yr. old son with Autism Spectrum was just diagnosed with a tumor. Its a small HARD, Non moving lump on the right side of his belly button. Its about an inch away from the belly button!! Its common for his disorder for bowel issues! I took him straight into the dr. and they ruled out everything but a tumor. There is no Peds surgeons in the near area. So they wanted to send me to a total quack of a surgeon. This is my son! So I contacted Children National Hospital in D.C. and told them what was found and they knew everything that I was talking about! I guess they have been finding more of this! I will not play games with my kids! I had lost my first son after birth and he was diagnosed with everything you can think of including cancer. SO, I took charge!! The regular dr. here said that I may be over reacting after I told her that I REFUSE to take my child to another surgeon in this area! REALLY!!!!!! How dare you!! So I leave for D.C. on the 24th... I'm a paralegal and I did personal injury and malpractice, and trust me in this area, NOT MY KID!!! I have 2 surgeons that I use for myself, but they don't do peds! His apmt is the 26th and the first thing they are doing is a biopsy. Then we go from there. Either way he has surgery. Its either going to be that day or the next!