I'm 31 years old and have had 3 c-sections (1999, 2002), the last one was May 2006. About a year ago I noticed a lump (golf ball sized) on the right side of my abdomen. This is off to the side, below my belly button but above my incision scar. Over the past year the lump has grown in size so that my abdomen is lopsided (it's now about softball size). I've noticed that monthly, about a 5-7 days before my period, I am getting horrible back and hip pain. I'm literally unable to get out of bed sometimes. Occasionally this is coupled with a burning sensation internally running from my bellybutton straight down to my plevic bone. I originally assumed that this was normal scar tissue from the surgeries but now that I've noticed it's grown so much, I'm getting more concerned. I've scheduled an appointment with my doctor but am wondering if there are specific questions I should be asking my doctor so that this isn't just brushed off as fat or unimportant? Please note, when I lie down on my back, the lump is not really noticeable... it's when I'm standing up and I flex my ab muscles that this very solid ball is formed. Can you please give me some ideas of what this might be... as a single mother, I'm scared that this might be more serious than I originally thought.

Hello, I had my fourth section one year and two months ago. I am having this identical problem. I thought it to be scar tissue. Its softball sized now. But mine hurts when pressed upon. I have started a rigorous exercise routine about two months ago to lose weight, but I have to wear a tight girdle to support it. It hurts more some days then others. Anything you know that can help?

What did this end up being and how was it treated I have the same thing and mine is painful sometimes too