I can feel a hard long rounded mass or lump in my abdomen in the upper right region. Sometimes when I go to push on it i have to feel around for it, but eventually i do find it. I have had to do this for the Doctor. I have had an ultra sound and an abdominal Cat Scann and the Dr. said everyhting was fine they don't see anything. The Dr.s only explaination is that I may be feeling an organ since I am a thin person. Why would'nt the Dr. know what that organ is? I also had a Csection 2 1/2 years ago, could this be scar tissue? I also have back pain on this same side every day and it radiates up my back. Can anyone help? :(

Is it tender when you push on it? If so, I have the same problem, but don't know what it is. Let me know if you find anything out.

I am experiencing the same thing, any new developments? :-(

Bleh. Well it looks like we're in similar boats.. Care to compare stories?

Sometimes when I am laying on my back. ALWAYS on my back.. I feel a movement in my abdomen on the right side. I am not pregnant.. This is frequent when I am at the tanning bed or during my period.. It just bulges out a bit and feels hard to the touch.. but when you have to search for it you can feel it kind of squishing.. I am a thin person. 5'2 100lbs..

Anyone else care to sharE? x__x

Note: I am NOT pregnant!! and I dont' have any other (haha JOKE!!) parasites

I have a hard mass or lump inside my middle abdomen. It's tender when pressed but no feeling otherwise, and it's completely inside, unseen from surface. Only noticed it accidentally when the areas was pressed. This thing is quite firm and not moving around. Nearly twenty years ago I had minor surgery at the navel area (one or two inches below this hard thing), don't know if they are related. What could this be?

i just got back from my ultrasound for the exact same thing, i know this thread is old but i'll post my result anyway, just in case someone checks...
like i said, the EXACT same thing as the original poster, and you now what it is? my kidney. they ultrasound tech even showed me on the monitor. she said that because i am so thin, i can feel my kidney as it tends to be more mobile on the right side because of the liver being there too, so it gets pushed further forward than the left one does. and kidneys are hard, so no worries! so when the doc said everything was normal, he was right. this is my second ultrasound for it, because my first tech said everything was normal but didn't elaborate on what the lump was, so i thought she missed it entirely! i was sure i had a tumor! but nope, just my kidney :-) so i hope this helps those who see this in the future (although i do STRONGLY sugest anyone feeling a lump in their abdomen get it checked out anyway, just to be sure)

I too have a very noticable mass in my lower right abdominal area. depending on my position it is most noticable when I am lying flat on my back. I am thin and very little abdominal fat, it protrudes forward just to the right of my naval and I can cup my hands over it an shift it to the center on my abs and feel it move back. I can not push on my naval area when it is present because the pressure is uncomfortable.
It is really worrying me, I was diagnosed with large uterine fibroids a few years ago and refused to have a hysterectomy and left them. During that time, I had an ultrasound and they determined a large mass on my ovarie and told me It could be malagnant and I needed a complete hysterrectomy. I was totally shocked and refused that diagnoses. I demanded a c-scan, which did confirm fibroids but, becasue of teh original radiology report from the Ultrasound the ovarie was a concern. I forced them to go in laproscopically to abserve my ovarie and they found no evidence of any problem other than fibroids.
I have always asumed that what I felt was my Uterus getting bigger due to the fibroids, BUT i really worry now because the lumb is more to the right of my naval and not always in the center where I would assume my uterus to be positioned. I do not trust doctors and they are overly eager to remove female organs. My belly gets bloated and tender but the hard mass is always there and more noticable when I diet or loose a few pounds. If I were over weight or just chubby it would never appear. I wish I could understand what organs are where in relation to the muscle layers and intestines and what ever else it could be. I am not sure if it is an organ or a mass of fibroid growng off my uterus. Too afraid to go to the DR and have them mis diagnose me and spend a ton of money an test and second opinions and it is nothing but a fibroid and a large uterus. Is it possible for ones uterus to be noticable when lying down. Seems unlikely to me. Please help.

I have the same thing soing on and I can't get into my CT for another week and between now and then I am freaking out. Thank you for your post, you have calmed my mind some. I CANNOT feel this lump when lying flat on my back, I can only feel it when on my side and even then I have to dig for it and if I press it too hard it disappears back into my abdomen. I noticed it when rubbing my stomach because of (what I think is unrelated) gas pains. Is this similar to you? My lump can also move a little bit.

im feeling the same thing usually when im lying on my back, having a sort of lump in my right lower quadrant that moves. when i try to press it, it moves away and sort of disappear or dissolve and then i hear or feel a squishing sound like passing of gas. wonder what could it be. i dont feel any pain.

I have this as well. I really want to know what it is. Do you have an update on your health?

I have a sausage like lump in the upper region of my right abdomen. I can only feel it when i am standing up. I am not in any pain. Can anyone please help me, i am going out of my mind with worry. I am going for a ultra sound next week but every day feels like a month. I am so scared in case i have something really bad xx

I have the same thing! I can feel it the best when standing, only slightly when laying down. I'm not in any pain and I don't have any other symptoms. I am NOT thin so I don't think I'm feeling any ordinary organ. I go to see my dr after Christmas. I've felt this mass before but it seems to be getting larger. I wasn't too worried until I talked to my friends about it and started reading things on the web. Anyone got any ideas of what this could be?

I have just stumbled across this sight in a "google" search the same name as my subject line... while laying in bed I will feel this large lump move in my abdomen... feels exactly like when I was pregnant and a baby would roll over. I'm not pregnant and when I feel the mass it moves around and finally seems to disappear. What is odd is that I can feel my heart beat quite prominantly through it, as well, it moves around so that sometimes it is right at my navel and then comes up under the lower rib. I have had one ovary removed due to a mass on it, non-cancerous, and have had a CT scan, full abdomenal ultrasound, blood work, and the list goes on. Nobody has put a name to it but reading these posts, even though they are not recent, helps me know I'm not alone (visions of that alien from the movie busting out of my stomach had me concerned!!) A common thread I am reading is that the smaller woman you are the more chance you have of feeling this. I am 5'4" and 125lbs, not extremely tiny but enough to be able to feel whats going on inside. Your posts do offer me comfort and as long as we see physicians and not just self-diagnose this is the most useful info I have read.

I'm not a woman, but just recently I ran into this "problem". A small mass in the lower right abdominal area that I can move around a bit when I lie flat. It isn't painful, more a discomfort when I move a certain way. I hate to go to a doctor, because I'm afraid to find out it's a tumor or something even worse. On the other hand, I'm afraid not to see a doctor.

I've suffered from stomach pain for years from what I believe to be ulcers. Just recently, I started taking mastic gum, manuka honey and apple cider vinegar and that seemed to help me a lot. But, now I have this strange "thing" on my right side. At first, I thought it might be gall or kidney stones, but aren't they confined to their respective organs until they pass through the bladder? This moves but isn't moving through, if you take my meaning.

I have no idea where to turn, but it helps knowing I'm not the only one.

I feel the same thing ,while laying down on the far upper portion of my stomach i feel a bulge or something completely painless !
What should i do ??
What is it??