I've had a lump inside the bottom portion of my belly button for about 3-3 1/2 years now.  I first notice it in the shower as the pressure from the water hit my belly button and was very painful. I had a normal standard shower head. I put my finger on the spot I felt the pain, and didn't really feel a thing as far as a lump.. It was just very sensitive and or painful if I moved certain ways, or anything touched it.  I wondered what was causing the pain but didn't think much of it. I am a female, 24 years of age.  I live a very healthy lifestyle, no kids,  don't smoke or do drugs.   Over time I started noticing a lump or small bulge not visible by the eyes start to emerge in my bellybutton, undearth the skin. I also noticed the pain and sensitiveness went away and now only noticed a lump.  Again over time the lump has had times it hurts and times it doesn't, times it felt bigger, times its felt smaller, times it felt softer and Times it's felt hard,  times you could definitely see if looking for a bulge. I went to the doctor she thought It might be a hernia as I did as well from my own research. I had a cat scan the findings were "Insignificant" which was good.  I asked if it was a hernia would the cat scan show that.  My doctor said yes.  But the cat scan apparently didn't say or show anything, so I have no idea what it is?!  At this moment August 26, 2016 the lump feels very very hard and almost feels like a "Mutation" or another one right above the original lump.  I've very concerned, it doesn't hurt when touching it as it has before. My abdomen feels very tight and I can definitely feel it inside of me.  When moving certain ways it doesn't hurt thankfully but does cause discomfort. I need to find a new doctor for a second opinion and was thinking x rays instead of a danm cat scan.  Please any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. 

i kinda have the same thing rigt under my belly button it hurt sometimes it kinda feels like a stretching thing ive had it for a long time but learn to ignore it. i went to the doctor a while back he said it could be a pulled muscle never had any cat scan , x rays or mri on it but it kinda hurt when i was reading your post.