I am a healthy, 21 year old female. Since Friday (6/18/10) I have had unexplained pain in my abdomen, but it's difficult to explain. Most of the time it feels like it is along, or behind my ribs on either side. Sometimes I feel what feels like a pulled muscle (but it can't be) in the middle of my abdomen from my sternum to my belly button. Sometimes the pain is lower, either on the left or right side of my lower abdomen, where it almost feels like menstrual cramps (but it's not). It always ends up back around the ribs. I don't really feel nauseous, but I have no appetite and it feels like there's a sort of heaviness on my stomach.

I also have slight pain in the middle-to-right side of my chest that accompanies the abdominal pain. In addition, I've had a CONSTANT pain in my upper back since the pain in my abdomen started.

I haven't done anything strenuous or heavy lifting, so I don't think it be pulled muscles or anything like that. It's been three days now.I'm not sure what to do. Nothing like this has happened to me before. I don't know if or when I should go to the doctor. Any thoughts would be helpful.

i have the same thing except i had a really bad cramp in my right side and i shifted to the left really fast and it was instant pain

and me too just last couple of nights, ive had real sharp pain just come on all of a sudden on my right side of back just at bottom of shoulder blade then it shifts to the front right side just below my right breast. same pain just back to front.

it is very painful, a hot water bottle helps.

i usually just sleep it off then im okay in morning. seems to only be coming on late at night, any suggestions...i first thought kidney stones cuz my dad has that.

then i did research and wondered about gallstones or someone said compressed nerve from compressed fracture but i really dont know....Where are all the doctors on here...id like to know before i hit the drs ....i like to get several opinions but yeah i guess only ultrasounds etc are gonna really know.