my fiance has been having this palpitations on his upper abdomen just below the sternum. it's has an irregular beat not painful but more like a discomfort, accompanied by shortness of breath and pain around his rib cage like someone is compressing it (like when someone hugs you tight). it started when he laughed so hard and ever since it didnt went away. does anyone knows what could he have?

hi i have the same com;laint i went to a and e and found nothing ,my bloods showed up on infection but they didnt no were ??? my own dr said its anxiety ??? i get freaked out with it now cause i have it 2 weeks ,its like palpations just under my right rib and goes up threw me,my dr also said its to much air in my stomach,i am not convinced,

Hi i know this is a year ago tho just wondering if youve any change. I suffer this lots and its scarey as hell. What i find helps is 1000mg magnesium a day. The day after i have drank alcohol is bad for me or caffeine. Drinking plenty of water helps to. Main thing is dont panic as its not life threatening tho feels it.