Hi has anyone ever quit fentanyl after 4 or 5 years? If so how long did it take for you to get back to normal(no withdrawel symptoms at all).
I worry I wont be able to get back to normal ever. I take 50 mg a day plus 24-32 mg hydromorphone, been on these patches for over 3 years, before them I was on morphine for a year.
What's the best way to get off this stuff, is it worth it to go through the withdrawels? I wish I could just flip a switch and be off them, i worry it will take years to get back to normal. Are there any happy endings with this stuff? Please share, I need hope. What worked for you?

Hi You may need to take other medications, such as buprenorphine, which are approved for use in the treatment of opioid addiction, or professional inpatient treatment at a detox and rehabilitation facility. You will need counseling and therapy, medical attention, support from other recovering fentanyl addicts.
I think you're going to find out some useful information and similar experiences here https://www.steadyhealth.com/Fentanyl_Withdrawal_Symtoms_t96069.html