I am currently 17 years old and I started masturbating in the "prone position" (lying face down, rubbing penis against rough surfaces like couch fabric, bed fabric, etc) 4 years ago (in August of 2006) when I was 13 years old. I've been doing it daily ever since.

But over time, I noticed that I developed a sort of friction burn both on the shaft of my penis and on the foreskin (I'm not circumcised). It is light red, and it runs the entire length of the shaft from where the head of the penis begins (on the foreskin) to where the scrotum begins. It starts off very thin on the foreskin (with a width of about 0.5 cm, or 5 mm), and gets wider as it nears the scrotum. It reaches its maximum width near the scrotum (where it is about 2.4 cm, or 24 mm wide).

I know this CAN'T be an infection for the following reasons:
- It doesn't hurt to urinate.
- It doesn't hurt to retract the foreskin.
- The affected area does not hurt and does not itch.

I've been to many doctors over the past 4 years and they've all said that it's nothing serious, and they've all prescribed the same things to me (either Vaseline or hydrocortisone cream). But obviously neither of these things have worked beacuse the friction burn has NEVER healed.

Even though the friction burn doesn't cause me any physical discomfort whatsoever, it is really BOTHERING ME MENTALLY. I mean, it's been FOUR years and it hasn't gone away. So I'd like you guys to tell me if you think this is PERMANENT SKIN DAMAGE (from excessive "prone" masturbation), or if you think there is still a chance that this could be healed.

Are there any other STRONG products that I can use for this friction burn to completely heal once and for all?

hey i have the same problem. let me know if you find anything that helps.

hey i got the same problem let me know if you find anything that helps it, sorry guest account ^^

You are not the only one brother! Join the club. There's another topic about this here that may help: https://www.steadyhealth.com/Friction_burn_on_penis_from_sex__won_t_heal_t214440.html

Wow i thought i was the only one. When I was 12 i would rub my penis on my bed till I orgasmed. It caused my penis to have red sensitive skin in the middle of the shaft, basically a friction burn. After a few years I started jerking off like a normal person. Only hurts 5% of the time after jerking off. Doesn't really affect me too much, but I'd like the skin to go back to normal. I'm 19 now so I've dealt with this for about 7 years. Dermo said it didn't look like anything was wrong. There is though. Any help is appreciated like a cream or an ointment that might help. Thank you