I have been on Subutex for 4+ years because I was addicted to pain killers, then heroin, then now this, It has caused so many gastrointestional problems for me. I was also diagnosed with Celiacs Disease 6 months after taking the drug and I feel like it is killing me. This withdrawel is like no other, my body feels like its on fire. I need some advice to get off, I don't want to call my doctor because he has said for the last 4 years that we would do a slow ween. And after they switched me to the generic subutex I started having several withdrawl symptoms and he just upped my dose and put me back on the real subutex. I have a full bottle of subutex, but I am trying to not take any at all. does anyone have suggestions as to what Helps. As I cannot call my dr, cuz he will be like why lets just ween you. I have access to benzodiaphenes. I feel like subutex is killing me, before I got on this drug I weighed 145 and I am 5'8" and now I am 120 and I never want to eat I look sick, and I believe it is from this drug. Thats why I want to get off of it. I have detoxed off of oxys fetinanyl dillidad, morphine, and herion, this withdrawel is like extreme anxiety and i feel hot all over like burning, not like goose flesh like before. Please give any advice I need. Thank you. And I am coughing up this nasty stuff is that accociated to the sublingual medicine???? Thank you all very much for taking the time to read this

ok, for starters, i wasnt in the exact same situation as you, ive only been addicted to nurofen plus (codeine/ibuprufin). but i was taking anything from 48 to80 tablets a day for about5 yrs. i got stomach ulcers from the ibuprofin. i was getting that pale from spewing up blood and blood in my stools, that i knew i had to do something. i went on subutex, went straight on to 24mg,coz withdrawals were so bad 1st day. stayed on that dose for 3mths but the whole time i was having major heart trouble, it would beat so hard and so fast and id have to go outside to get fresh air coz i swore i was going to faint. then when it past id get the shakes and be so cold, every muscle in my body would be trembling. then id get this unbelievable dry mouth, this was happening every day, depending on the severity. it would wake me up, it was the scariest thing ive ever experienced. was going to my doc all the time, coz she couldnt work out what was going on. got treated for the ulcers but she wanted to do scopes both ends just to double check, well by the time i got booked in and had them done, the ulcers were gone, which was good but still no answers. i had ultrasound on all my organs i had glucose intolerance test coz she thought i may have been diabetic, i had to wear a holter monitor for 24hrs, which reads all the silly things ur heart does, all it came back that if i did anything physiacal, even like vaccuum, that my heart would go up to 178 bpm. anyway, after all the tests, oh and i was that aenimic /iron defitiant that instead of my iron being 20, it was 2! the oxygen in my blood was sposed to be over atleast 40%, mine was3%! and my red blood cell count was 66!!!! instead of over 120 like its sposed to be. so i was literally killing myself. now coz all the test came back that nothing was wrong, my doc finally worked out i was having severe anxiety and severe panic attacks, caused by the subutex!!!! apparently it can happen. so she said i have to get off this stuff asap. so i dropped to 20,stayed there for 2wks then dropped to 16, then did same thing every 2wks til i got to 12. at worst with the reductions, id have 2 or 3 days where i felt really anxious like i was about to snap my teeth, then it would go. stayed on 12 for 3 wks, then 2wks down to 10,then stayed 3 wks again on 8mg and then i was having more trouble with the panic attacks, so i said right im getting off these things, stayed 10 days on 6,then 7 days on 4. then the end of the 1st week on 2mg, all hell broke loose, its was like dropping quick that last bit had finally caught up with me. so my doc put me on oxazepam and said stay on 2mg for 3wks then jump off. easier said than done!!!! i was only sposed to take half a valium per night to stop the panic attacks, but 1 week later i was taking 2 in the am and 2 in the pm. then came the fun i had my last dose of subutex on a sunday am and day1 til 3 i thought i would have been better off dead!!! hot/cold sweats,buzzing/fuzzyness in my head, balance was all up the sh*t. i was taking 10 to 12 30mg valium for the 1st week just to get thru and i had NO patience whatso ever,was that anxious and it didnt feel like the valium was working, but im sure if i didnt have it i would have been back on codeine or subutex. week 2 was just soooooo tired, that tired you couldnt be bothered sitting. oh and the whole 3 wks ive been off everything, i have had the sneezes something rediculous!!! and sneezing up clear sort of snot. diarrhea the whole time, still have it. oh also 1st week restless leg was an absolute b***h!!!! but went after 1st wk. major insomnia basically from day 1 to 3wks, has been the worst, thank god for the computer coz i saw the sun rise on many a morning. now thats all been fairly negative and scary but no.1 if you've got off oxys and fentalyn and whatever else,you are strong enough to get off this. no2. i hate to tell you but you cant just go cold turkey with this stuff, it deadset messes with your brain more than u could ever imagine, you have to ween off slowly, just every 2 wks. then jump off at 2mg, but i definately recommend the valium and take as much as what you need to get you thru the 1st wk, thats exactly what my doc told me and she knew how much i was taking. so find a great doc is the first key. second, ween off or u just wont function. and thirdly, get on the valium, preferably the oxazepam, its short acting and is less likely you'll become dependant on them then coz i know i dont want to. so im now just starting week 4, 2 days ago and i think today i actually went outside and just wandered around, the rest of the time ive been on FB literally all day and half the night. ive gone from12 plus valiums down to 4 per day. as the anxiety goes, u dont need as much otherwise it knock u out in a heart beat. its fixed all my panic attacks and i reckon im about a 7 on a good day, u will go up and down a bit. but im over the hump still got alot of withdrawals but they are nowhere near as bad. now. of and expect severe headaches the whole time. go to chiro, go to good massage place and drink as much water as you can, im not talking 1ltr, im saying3-5litres!!! it washes all the toxins out quicker. but you in full, u have to ween to atleast 2mg or u wont handle it, even with benzo's. and if u do ween down to 2mg and jump off then use the benzo's, but try to cut back every wk as much as u can, coz u will get dependant on them too and u dont want that.so yeah make sure u have some GOOD support when u do jump off coz u barely get to the shower, let alone do anything... but ive done it and i dont consider myself a strong willed person at all. but i had to get off that stuff, subutex. i honestly dont think the docs realize how it really gets in ur bones and how it really makes u feel. they just go by what they've been taught...... so yeah, wen get down, use benzo's and get a better doc, oh and expect minimum of 3 wks of feeling like sh*t, but it does get better, so keep yourself amused, for me it was the computer, couldnt watch tv, it just wasnt going in, coz i kept thinking how bad i felt.but it can be done if you do how i say. i'll still have crappy days for prob another 3-4 wks just gets milder. well i hope ive been able to help. sorry to go on, and if you ever want to talk just post me ok. good luck,god bless and i know where ur at.... its horrible. take care and please ween down, only way to go....

can i find you on fb this stupid thing has made me repost like 10 times, im about to snap my laptop in half

ok, now i feel dumb for can you post then delete it, so I can give you my name then delete it, or the yours

ok, cuts..,
first off i feel your pain. Your problem is a too fast of a drop off. See my other posts, i.e., do a search. If you have sub left use it to WEAN. There's no fast cure...

Gluten free foods and Gluten free pasta. Taper Chart: Take this seriously! Start at your current dose and decrease it by 2mg every 6 days. Do not deviate. When at 2 mg take 1mg for 6 days. Then 1/2 mg for 6 days. Then 1/4 mg for 6 days. You will get through it. It's getting a pill cutter and getting the right dose that's difficult. I'm in the same shape in many respects and the Gluten free foods were easy to get but difficult to prepare as I'm very weak. I started a week ago at 24mg and I take Suboxone strip so I cut min with scissors. P.S. Don't miss meals and it will be over in a few months.

You've heard this before but you must taper slowly. There are many taper charts on the Internet and they work if you can commit. Otherwise a very expensive treatment center.

I'm sorry, I don't have good news for you, no such thing as tapering off Subutex, even the smallest amount keeps a strong net around your neuro receptors, it may take a few days before the withdrawal starts, taper down I believe is a myth! I was in pain management for 15 yrs, last 7 was OxyContin and 5-10 10mg Percocet per day. Had enough in 2006. So my pain doc say's no problem, 24 hrs withdrawl then take this new drug Subutex 8mg 4 times a day and you will be a new person with a minor amount of pain control.7 yrs  later I was down to 8mgs at night and 4mg in the morning. All seven yrs I had no idea how powerful this drug is till I wanted to break free from evetithing including a vodka martini every night for yrs. I wanted my old self back of 23yrs ago! I cold turkeyed on a Wednesday nite, thurs nite felt shaky, by Friday morning I was in hell! 7 full days of extreme withdrawal (look to see withdrawal effects on othe sites, to many to list). Lots of prayer!  A total of 14 days withdraw, when I woke up after my first full nights sleep ,night 14! I noticed how bright the sunshine was!yahoo I was free! And still am today! My body is still recovering from the shock of withdrawal months after,  lost a lot  of weight also. I am so glad to be back! I hope by now you have recovered and are the new you want to be! I believe Subutex should be banned. Easier to come of any other narcotic and opioid. Blessings chas  plz excuse my bluntness, I found prescribed clonidine , bacofin and fenergin slightly helpful, and a lot of masterbation to help kick in your own endorphins as soon as possible! They haven't been working for you during your addiction!  Walk workout, drink alot and juice from a juicer, it energizes you sooner, but you will still be tiered for a good month maybe. I went through the worst to burn it in my memory how stupid I was for 23yrs! God willing, I will make up for it and you to! Best of luck, oh, best advice, lots of prayer!

check your thyroid immediately I've been on it for two and a half years it has killed my thyroidmake an appointment with an endocrinologist as soon as you can