My boyfriend of several yrs and I have always used birth control for prevention. Last month I went for my well woman and the doctor switched my pills because I have PCOS with irregular periods. My RX insurance is thru mail order so I had no birth controll pills for about three weeks. We were sexually active and used comdoms during that time and also used the pull out method twice.
My pills came in the week before my period was due(the normal time from when I'm on the pill) so I waited to start taking them until the next week. My period never came, but I have never been regular unless on the pill, so I started taking them that Sunday. I've been taking them about 3 days now, but for the last three days I have also had adominal cramping on and off all day along with nausea. I feel like throwing up after I eat anything and after I go to the bathroom, I feel better. I normally get cramps for 1 day or so with a period, but not all day long for several days. I have also noticed frequant trips to the bathroom for bowl movements, several a day? My boyfriend thinks I may be pregnant, but I don't know. The abdominal pain kinda feels like when the ovarian cycts ruptured, but only not as sharp. I don't want to keep taking the pill if I am pregnant.
Do you think an ept test would read accuratly? Everyone says to test after you've missed your period, but mine had NEVER been accurate so I don't know when it would read accuratly. It's been three days since the last time we had sex.
Any ideas or input would be appreciated! Thanks

take a test. if you don't have confidence in the OTC tests, have a urine test or blood test done by your doc. You don't want to take the pill if you might be pregnant. See a doctor ASAP. I have PCOS too. You can still get pregnant because you were off the pill for a bit. Your body might have been ovulation. Good luck!

I went two years without having a period and got pregnant...had the major nausia and tiredness. My mom suspected it... it never even crossed my mind. So I took her advice and tested myself....sure enough I was! I never thought I could get pregnant.
I have no idea if this is caused by PCOS...but at 22 1/2 weeks I went into labor and gave birth to a beautiful little girl...She did not survive due to extreme prematurity. But they diagnosed me with an incompetent cervix, which is why I went into labor so early. Needless to say if you have the slightest thought that you "might" be just go ahead and test

i also have pcos...and have been feeling the same symptoms..nausea, headaches, bloating, cramping and dizzyness. i was always told i would need help to get pregnant. did you find out your results? i thought i had the flu so i started taking benilyn cold and flu tabs...ahh soo confused what should i do?

I have pcos and am currently 18 weeks pregnant, im 27 n was diagnosed when i was 18, I had a regular cycle but sometimes it would only be for two days, therefore I knew it wasnt a real period. Ive been with my partner and decided to just enjoy sex, theres no point stressing over what could be. I then missed a cycle completely but had no sickness, dizzyness or cramping. I just felt tired more often and my boobs were more tender than usual. I left it 3 weeks from when I missed my cycle and just done a test and it was positive :) so I understand having pcos can play with your emotions but you dont need us to tell you what to do if you think you may be pregnant, go and get a test and hopefully you ill be, if not, just relax and your time will come and remenber once your pregnant, your baby will grow normally, having pcos does not mean you will have a misscarriage. Once you release your egg, and concieved naturally, you will have a normal pregnancy. gud luck :)

i dont why but my boyfreind thinks i am pregnant when i am not because i a have pcos but i been taking prenatal vitamins and metformin too help me ovulate i been getting cycles every month so far now but he thinks iam i think i had my period 5th too 8th but i thought it was kinda short i normally get them 6 too 7 days what u think