Please help me!! Me and my boyfriend are desperate for a baby, wev been trying for about 6 months now with no luck :( about 4 months ago (just before Xmas) I started getting early pregnancy symptoms such as sore breasts, nausea, pressure in my lower abdomen, bloating etc but I then took my period. I have PCOS so up until dec 2012 I only took my period 4 - 5 times a year, however since dec it has come like clockwork and is very light compared to how they used to be, with extremely bad cramp! It also only last 3-4 days instead of my usual 7 days. I'm 22 and was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 18. However, my problem is in December I took 4 HPT and they all turned out negative, and for a doctor to see me I had to produce a positive test so I just left it after expressing my anger!! Since then iv noticed my boobs have gone up a size, my nipples are bigger and darker and iv gained weight. I work in a supermarket with open food and the smell of the cooked chicken makes feel sick (I love chicken, I don't eat red meat). Also in the past 2 weeks iv become exceptionally tired, more nauseas than ever before, the bloated ness and pressure pain has returned in my stomach, my mood swings are horrendous, I take hot flushes throughout the day, I get dizzy every time I turn my head, iv had a constant headache for 9 days now and iv felt flutters in my stomach (although iv come to the conclusion this is my mind playing tricks on me). Could I be pregnant or could this be a phantom pregnancy because We are so desperate for a baby?? Please help!! X

It could be either pregnancy or you want the baby so bad your physically causing symptoms. Why will your doctor not do a blood pregnancy test or see you unless you get a positive urine test? Some women are unable to get a positive pregnancy test because their body does not produce enough HCG hormone. Did you take the pregnancy test in the morning with your first urine of the day? If not retest using the first urine of the day. Some health departments will see you to do a blood pregnancy test if your doctor will not do it. Good Luck and I wish you Baby Dust :-)

My mum suffered from a phantom pregnancy when she was trying to fall pregnant with me and she has PCOS too, so that's why I'm worried this could be the same. I called the medical centre and old the receptionist I have pregnancy symptoms but kept gettin negative results and she told me id need to produce a positive test before any doctor will see me! I think it's ridiculous, all I need is to be out at ease and know what's going on because I. Just know I don't feel myself at the moment. It's just so confusing :(

Yes I done all the test with the first urine of the day and all came back negative, I'm due my period on Monday and iv been getting light cramps again so il wait and see if it comes and take it from there, thanks for your help!!:)

If you dont start your period a few days after it is supposed to come retest using a pregnancy test. You need to call back and make an appointment and not listen to the receptionist. They don't have medical training and can get in trouble for turning you away. Tell them you want a blood test and whatever it says is going to be more accurate than the urine test because it can detect trace amounts of hcg hormones if you are pregnant. IF they turn you away again I suggest getting a better doctor with a better staff who cares about you and your needs. Remember PCOS can cause you to miss periods and give you pregnancy like symptoms also.