I'M ONLY 17 MY EXBOYFRIEND AND I HAD UNPROTECTED SEX DURING THE WEEK OF JUNE 20-27. I WAS ON THE DEPO-PROVERA BIRTH CONTROL SHOT WHEN IT HAPPENED BUT WITH IT BEING CLOSE TO THE TIME FOR ME TO GET MY SECOND SHOT MADE ME WORRY A BIT. EVERYTHING WAS FINE UNTIL LAST WEEK. MY BACK STARTED HURTING A LOT. I'VE ALWAYS HAD BACK PROBLEMS BUT IT NEVER HURTED FOR LIKE 2 WEEKS. THEN MY LOWER ABDOMEN HAS BEEN HURTING FOR THE PAST TWO WEEKS. MY CHEST WAS HURTING AND THE AREA RIGHT BELOW MY CHEST WAS HURTING. AND WHENEVER I LAY ON MY STOMACH THE LOWER PART OF IT HURTS A LOT. YESTERDAY IT FELT AS IF MY HEART HAD DROPPED DOWN TO MY STOMACH ON THE LEFT SIDE. I FELT A FEW THUMPS. AND LATELY I'VE BEEN FEELING A BIT SICK AND NAUSEATED. AT TIMES WHEN I KNOW I SHOULD BE HUNGRY, I'M NOT AND SOMETIMES EVEN THE SMALLEST AMOUNT OF FOOD I EAT MAKES ME FEEL LIKE HAVE TO THROW UP BUT I DON'T. I AM NOW TAKING THE YAZ BIRTH CONTROL PILL AND MY PERIOD CAME ON JULY 28 BUT IT ONLY STAYED ON FOR ONE DAY. MY DOCTOR SAID IT WAS BECAUSE OF MY SWITCH FROM THE BIRTH CONTROL SHOT TO THE PILL. I'VE ALSO BEEN HAVING SEVERE HEADACHES FROM TIME TO TIME. MY SIDES ALSO HURT SOMETIMES AS WELL AS MY RIBS. THEY ACHE SOMETIMES. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. I TOOK TWO PREGNANCY TEST AND THEY BOTH SAID NO AND I WAS ON THE SHOT AT THE TIME BUT THE WAY I'M FEELING MAKES ME BELIEVE THAT I AM PREGNANT. BUT I DON'T KNOW. HELP PLEASE

I can't say that i can help you but i'm going through a simular situation right now.I'm 19 i've been pregnant before and had a miscarriage, that's why i went on the depo, well recently me and my fiancee decided to try for another baby... my depo is up in january. i feel like i did went i was first pregnant, i've been throwing up, at first i wasn't hungry and my favorite foods made me sick, now i eat all the time. i get cravings... i took a test about a month ago and it came out negative. tests are only 80% acccurate when they come out negative. my first pregnancy i had to take 4 in one week til it came out possitive. i want to go off the depo in january but the problem is i don't want my mom to know, she plays a really big role in my life and she's not too keen on the idea of my fiancee and me getting married or even being together. She is the one who gives me my shots because she works for my Dr. so if you are, i mean yeah it seems terrible, it does change your life but it's not the worst that could happen. take another test or 2 in a month.... only time can tell hun

soo did you ever find out if you were or not? i'm 17 and am on depo and i got my first shot on a monday the me and me boyfriend that same week had sex and i completely stopped my period no spotting or anything...my back has been hurting...boobs swelling a bit...and i havent puked but very nasueated around certain smells...im scared to go get a pregnancy test...but i think i need too...

OKAY I JUS GOT BACC ON THE DEPO SHOT I HAD RECIEVED THE 19 of april of 2012 like maybe two or three days b4 my cycle was supose to come and evry since I have been feeln sleepy have been eatin foods I have never had a.taste for I want to kno is it the depo shot or am I pregnant.

Those could just be sideeffects of the shot, mine did the same thing

I dont know if this will be useful, but i am on my 3rd depo shot as of feb 2013, and I have been having pregnancy symptoms as well.... nauseated throughout the day, sometimes when i get up in the mornings i feel sick, hot flashes, bloated, constipated, not able to sleep, spotting blood and brown discharge, no period since i been on this shot, cravings (really at night).... i get some aches and mild pains as well.... I hope this helps.

I heard that this shot tricks our bodies into thinking it is pregnant! It also is used on male sex offenders to kill their sex drives! I will not be getting this shot ever again... it causes so much horrible stuff. I mean, i would rather be preggo and know what is wrong instead going through this and not know.... I thought i would never say this but i would kill for a period right now!! HAHA... This shot is a wrap for me!! i am done!!

Good luck! God Bless! 

***post is edited by moderator *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

P.S. I have talked with a lot of women going through exactly what we are on this evil shot!