Hi, guys. I am planning to start with exercising. However, I would like to try something more than pure physical training. I would like to combine it with spiritual elements of exercising. I have heard something about the 5 Tibetans. I wonder if anyone has been reading any books before starting with this discipline.

Hello. My colleague is into similar stuff like you are. He has been practicing the 5 Tibetans for several years. He says it doesn’t take him much time. He exercises for about 10 minutes per day. Before starting with this discipline, he read some books. One of them is The Ancient Secrets of the Fountain of Youth. This book was written 700 years ago! I don’t know whether he had read any other book. Good luck!

Hi, If you are just beginning an exercise routine, I recommend you have a look at an updated version of the 5 Rites, in book on the subject called "The 10-Minute Rejuvenation Plan" as this book illustrates and describes the Rites in depth. The books mentioned earlier are great for the original story but in terms of a teaching aid, they are very limited. For example there are two pictures per movement versus around 10 per Rite in "The 10-Minute Rejuvenation Plan" (which also includes all the common problems and solutions to each pose). Also included is breathing capacity development and most importantly; core stability is added to the Rites to activate the muscles closest to the spine to protect it from strain or potential injury. The original version shows collapsing of the vertebrae which is generally contradicted today, versus lengthening of the spine; which is illustrated and explained in depth in "The 10-Minute Rejuvenation Plan". The core strength that you develop in doing the Rites daily (10 - 15 mins per day) will provide a strong foundation for you to do any other form of exercise safely and enjoyably. See Amazon or T5T.com for the book and DVD.