Hi, have you used L-Lysine? I heard that it helps absorption of calcium and the formation of collagen for bone. Do you know if it has some other benefits too?

Hi, I am taking L-Lysine because of his multiple benefits, but mostly because it reduces the severity of herpes viral infections. I am taking it on empty stomach, because it won’t interfere with another amino acid called arginine. L-Lysine doesn’t have to go through the brain, because herpes simplex does not appear in the brain. Some foods can help you reduce symptoms because they’re high in lysine. L-Lysine can be found in meat, poultry and milk. This supplement also have anti-osteoporotic activity, and that’s the second reason why is it so often used. This is especially important for woman who are near menopause, because they’re in great risk of losing calcium and getting osteoporosis. So you heard right that it helps absorption of calcium and the formation of collagen for bones.