Hi guys,

I have a question to ask. I'm a volunteer in one of the volunteer centers, and I started working with a group of people who have PAC and PVC in the last couple of days.

It's sort of a meeting where we all sit and talk about the conditions we have (I'm the leader of the meeting). Now, some of the people there were talking about the treatments for their conditions and what is actually good to do for people with their conditions. One of them, a woman in her fifties, said that arginine and taurine supplements are good for people with PAC and PVC. Is that true?

Hi Alan,

First of all, how much do you know about PAC and PVC? I'm guessing that you know that PAC stands for premature atrial contraction and PVC stands for premature ventricular contraction. 

When it comes to arginine, it is an amino acid that increases the production of nitrous oxide (NO), a substance that causes blood vessels to dilate. NO reduces resistance to blood flow and helps to normalize blood pressure. Arginine has been shown to restore a normal heart rhythm and to increase exercise capacity in people with heart disease. It is used by both people with PAC's and PVC's and is showing good results.

Hey guys,

You are right, Stradivarius, arginine is indeed good for people with PAC's and PVC's but you didn't say anything about taurine.

Taurine is an amino acid as well. Muscle contraction is regulated by the passage of minerals in and out of cells. The movement of sodium, potassium, calcium and magnesium is facilitated by taurine. It also moderates the activity of the sympathetic nervous system and thus acts to prevent rapid heart rates. Supplementation of taurine has been shown to protect the heart and help maintain a normal heart rhythm.

So the conclusion for you would be that both of these are really effective for people with PAC's and PVC's. 

Hi everybody,

It's true Alan, both of these are good for people with PAC's and PVC's. I have PAC and my doctor recommended arginine and taurine supplements for me to use and I am using them, I would suggest them to anyone who is having trouble dealing with PAC or PVC.

You can also share this with your group: eliminating common PAC and PVC triggers such as caffeine or tobacco can decrease the frequency and severity of their symptoms. And when it comes to medications and drugs, beta blockers, which are often used to treat high blood pressure and heart disease, can suppress premature contractions.

Hello everyone. I am not having some amazing experience with it because it didn’t help me at all. Maybe I am totally different case from you, but I know that doctor was even surprised when he saw that nothing can help me. At all. So if you ask me I will tell you that they are not effective, but everyone from my friends which had experiences with it, didn’t have problems like I did. Indeed, it helped them a lot. I am reading a lot about it and I am not sure what went wrong in my case. Something did, so I needed to seek for another therapy.

Hi guys.

Guest, I am reading your post and I can’t believe that this didn’t help you. My aunt is using arginine and taurine supplements for it and she is really satisfied with them. I remember that one day she told me that this is something the best she was using in the past couple of years. So I could bet that there is nothing better than it.

I don’t have experience with these supplements, but when I see her I can tell you that nothing can go wrong with it and I would definitely suggest anyone who are dealing with it to use arginine and taurine supplements.

Good day there.

Let me join this discussion and tell you that they are very effective. For example I know that effects of taurine is very useful in preventing arrhythmias include regulation potassium, calcium and sodium levels in the blood and tissues. It is also amazing in regulating excitability of the myocardium and protecting you and your body against some free, radical damage. Taurine is restoring energy and endurance in one of the cases from a debilitated status to normal. Also, arrhythmias can respond to taurine because it dampens activity of the sympathetic nervous system and dampened release. Very, very helpful. 

Hi Can you PLEASE someone...anyone...tell me what dose of Taurine and L-Arginine people with PVC's and PAC's are having? I am having up to 13,000 PVC"s a day and hundreds of PAC's. I am trying all supplements, but have read so many very HIGH dose recommendations of these, I would love to know what dose these people are taking. PLEASE. THANK YOU!

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

In the 2006 abstract of a paper titled, "Elimination of cardiac arrhythmias using oral taurine with l-arginine with case histories: Hypothesis for nitric oxide stabilization of the sinus node," by Eby G, and Halcomb WW it says:

"...Case histories of people with very frequent arrhythmias are presented showing 10-20g taurine per day reduced PACs by 50% and prevented all PVCs but did not prevent pauses. Adding 4-6g of l-arginine immediately terminated essentially all remaining pauses and PACs, maintaining normal cardiac rhythm with continued treatment."

You can find this abstract on the web.

so that would be 10000-20000 mg a day of taurine. my supplement is 500 mg

I was ready to kill myself due to 20,000 PVC's and PAC's a day..it was too much...ablation was my only option at this point and I decided to take Magnesium, Taurine, L-Arginine, CoQ, L-Carnitine...down to NO palpitations at all or a few a day. Changed my life around...

How much of each nutrient did you take to get such wonderful results? Thanks

Thank you for this info! I'll try these!!

Forgot to ask how much of each supplement do you take?

How much of each are you taking?