I need to clear some items regarding herpes treatment for lately I have received some contradictory herpes information especially regarding some diet changes that could improve my genital herpes condition. The thing is that I am having frequent problem regarding genital herpes and I am usually being prescribed some topical or oral antibiotic but also am occasionally taking oral acyclovir that is suppose to reduce the symptoms as well as the duration of my genital herpes but I have also heard that some dietary changes may help me in reducing the symptoms and maybe in delaying some herpes appearance though from the other side I have also heard dietary changes won't help with this at all. What do you think about this contradictory herpes information I received also regarding some lifestyle changes?

Hi! I was also confused with some contradictory herpes information such like these- but it really turned out that eating too much chocolate, nuts bat also peas and cereals may trigger herpes relapse so I have decided to try eating more red meat, poultry and fish and more dairy products for my healthcare practitioner have advised me so for these sort of food is rich in lysine and is poor in arginine at the same time and this combination may significantly reduce the frequency of genital herpes as well as its symptoms. And as for the lifestyle there are also some contradictory herpes info but what is the most important is avoiding personal and intimate contact while herpes is on for it is very well known that herpes is highly contagious condition.

I think I have herpes, I have all the symptoms I found at this medical site regarding Medical Site but I am afraid to go to my doctor, like really afraid, I dont know if ti is due to the fact I dont want to know the outcome or what do you have ANY advice at all on how to overcome these fears?

It is easier said than done, but not to worry. (that makes it worse) I have just been diagnosed with it. I have heard that taking St. John's Wort really suppresses it. It will stay in your blood, but you won't have outbreaks. I am going to try it as well. I am just like you, so scared. I avoided it and today the doctor says that I most likely have it. Not only do I have a lot of explaining to do, but I don't want to be labeled as having the disease. It is my belief that there are cures to diseases but we have not located it yet. Be thankful, it's not HIV or AIDS. 8-|

Hey,

i know how you feel. but you should try and get over your fears and go take the test.. i know it will be heartbreaking if u do have it(i hope u dont) but there is people out there who are always here for you to speak to. dont give up.. think of it as this.. you get the test done and get the results.. put ur mind to ease.