I’ve tried already bunch of remedies to prevent herpes outbreaks. Someone told me that Oil of Oregano and Olive Leaf Extract are good for treating herpes. Has anyone tried it?

I tried a combo of about everything and it worked! I did add Oregano Oil directly to the tiny sore on my lip. I also took supplements of vitamin C, a Multi, Olive Leaf Extract, Grapeseed Extract, Lysine, Zinc, Echinacea and Golden Seal. Sometimes I put the drops of oxygen on the sore as well and I kept it very clean with hydrogen peroxide. Then would do another round of oregano oil and lysine drops on it.

The only thing that works for Cold Sore is Zovirax. Put in on your mouth as soon as you fill the tingling sensation before Cold Sore blister come out. Keep applying for 2-3 days. The Cold Sore is much smaller and it disappear quickly. Often does not even break out. You need prescription for it. Good Luck.

1000 vit c and 1000 lysine at first itch or hot spot, taken every couple of waking hours for 1-1/2 days..............Always works for me. Same for flu or colds. Don't know why - just does

Oil of oregano does halt outbreaks. I use it religiously everyday regardless if I feel something. But when I do, I apply it directly. It burns like the Dickens but rather have 1 minute of pain versus 48 hrs. I works!

I applied it directly on the sores last time I had an OB. It burned like crazy for about 5 minutes but after that, the itch and discomfort went away for at least 12 hours. I am not sure that the oil of oregano shortened the length of the outbreak. However the sores did seem to scab faster. This month, my OB is much less severe (this might be a coincidence). I have heard that rubbing oil of oregano daily to the base of the spine (where the virus lies domant) helps to kill it for good. I figure it can't hurt to try that. At the very least, it's not worth spending money on creams or medicines to stop the itch, when oregano oil does the same for pennies. If the intention is to stop the itch and discomfort, it works incredibly well.

it really works I have had herpies for some time now, and I am only posting to reply and help others with the truth. It burns for 5 minutes. but I have avoided outbreaks entirely when I use the oregano oil fast enough. Please get it an keep it ..it is the one thing so far that truly helps...

I have only had herpes for 4 months, but I am finding that Allimeds, which is stabilized allicin derived from garlic, destroys the outbreaks and they don't reappear in the same area again. I am also using a zapper to kill it also. I am putting oil of oregano on the base of my spine also, or on my feet, or somewhere on my skin so it can be absorbed into my system. The smell is very soothing I think. Good luck!

I have had herpes for about 3 years . After my first outbreak which lasted a month i didnt have another outbreak for 21 months then it came back occuring like clockwork every 5 months and lasting a full month. I tried everything without success and am now resorting to natural remedies. I am taking olive leaf extract 1000 mls twice a day and oil of oregano 4 drops also twice a day as well as rubbing it on the base of the spine every night. I am due to have another outbreak in March and will have been taking these remedies for 3 months by then so i will know soon if they have been affective or not. Does anyone know of anything else i can do or is that about it. I will let you know if this is successful or not.

YES,

THESE TWO HERBS DO WORK AND FAST!

ALSO, COCONUT JUICE, COCONUT WATER, ANY THING THAT HAS

COCONUT, COCONUT CREAM, COCONUT CAPSULES,

WITCH HAZEL FOR OUT SIDE OF BODY,

L-LYSINE CAPSULES, BURDOCK ROOT CAPSULES,

ZINC CREAM, ZINC CAPSULES, GRAPEFRUIT SEED EXTRACT CAPSULES, COCONUT SHAMPOO OR COCONUT CONDITIONER

OR COCONUT SOAP FOR OUT SIDE OF BODY WHEN BATHING

OR IN SHOWER, PROPOLIS CAPSULES, RED CLOVER CAPSULES, CATS CLAW CAPSULES, HYSSOP CAPSULES,

GABAPENTIN CAPSULES PRISCRIPTION FROM DOCTOR,

BUT THE FAST ONES IS OLIVE LEAF EXTRACT 500MG CAPSULES,

OIL OF OREGANO CAPSULES 55 0/0-CARVACOL, COCONUT CAPSULES,ZINC,THESE FOUR PRODUCTS FROM NOW,

YOU CAN GET THESE FROM YOUR HERB STORE.

ALSO, USE ANYTHING WITH COCONUT FOR IN SIDE OR OUT SIDE OF YOUR BODY.

YOU COULD USE WITCH HAZEL ALSO PUT IT IN A 4 OR 8 OZ

SPRAY BOTTLE AND SPRAY ON INFECTED AREA ON BODY.

HealthyBee wrote:

I don't know a lot about herpes since I don't have it but I know that the one guy famous for promoting oil of oregano as the cure for everything-Cass Ingram is a quack/snake oil pusher. Visit the site called quackwatch for a list of indivuals and products etc that are a waste of time and money. He does a good job of explaining why a lot of people believe in this stuff even though most of it is nonsense. For example sometimes it's just a coincidence that you got better while using a certain treatment when the situation was going to get better on it's own anyway.

WELL, IM NOT A QUACK AND I HAVE SEEN MANY POSITIVE BENEFITS SINCE TAKING THE ORAL AND GEL CAP OREGANO LEAF EXTRACT. KNOCKED OUT MY HOARSE THROAT IN LESS THAN A WEEK. NORMALLY I GO INTO FULL BLOWN HOARSNESS WHEN IT STARTS. IM NOT SHOUTING, I JUST LIKE TO TYPE IN CAPS

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2001/10/011011065609.htm There are several scientific journals out there and studies done on oil of oregeno showing that it kills everything. Maybe the quack alert site is really the quack.

Just in my own use I have been able to keep my very old cat off of antibiotics and give him this when he gets a urinary track infection......it works faster.

Well I don't know whether this guy is legit, but beware of the quackwatch website. This site appears to be run by pharmaceutical interests and is pretty much against all things natural in favor of patented drugs / allopathic procedures. I wouldn't waste my time with that website.

I suffered every three months with herpes. I read about oregano, so I started taking a supplement.I was free from sytoms for 6 months.Then this seemed to eccelerate the herpes occurences to once a month and furthermore enhance canida eruptions... nightmare, I would stay well clear of oregano unless used for a short period of time. I have now ordered aciclovir as I am sick of trying supplements sucj as oregano, lysine etc and nothing working, so basically I give in. It is making me more stressed thinking I have maybe overcome this awful thing and then it once again re-occuring. I think I will be a nicer more positive person by succumbing to antiviral medication.

Is this regimen still working for you?