After an unsafe sexual contact, I’ve noticed some changes on my genital region, and I suspected it might be herpes. As it was one night stand, I didn’t meet that person again to find out if it was really what I suspected. Last few days it seems as if it is getting better, but I am worried. What if I got infected? How can I treat it?

Having sex without condom? Please, don’t do it again. Virus infections can’t be eradicated completely. Once it enters the human cell, virus stays there, and each time your immune status gets weaken, reappearing will happen.
Visit your doctor, do the tests, it is very important to take care about your immunity, have some OTC immune boosters. Food rich in amino acid lysine would do you good-fish, chicken, beef, lamb, cheese, fruit and vegetables of course. Avoid chocolate, white flour, whole wheat because it is food rich in arginin and it may cause outbreaks.
Anyway, keep sore region clean and dry. Acyclovir is antivirotic drug active against herpes simplex viruses with minimal side unwanted effects, as well as famcyclovir and gancyclovir. Nausea and headache is possible. Visit doctor indeed.