What can you tell me about L-Theanine? Is it useful for ADHD patients and treating anxiety? I am drinking 0.5l of green tea each day. I hope that is enough for my anxiety issues.

Theanine is an amino acid found in green tea that produces calming effects in the brain. And it has been used for centuries, for its relaxing properties, without causing drowsiness or grogginess. Theanine helps promote relaxation by increasing alpha-brain waves, an electrical brain activity commonly present when one is in a relaxed state, L-Theanine supported relaxation by promoting the generation of alpha brain waves. Although the mechanism of action of L-Theanine has not been understood completly, current research has focused on L-Theanine’s effect on brain transmitters and brain waves. Scientists found that L-Theanine is able to cross the blood brain barrier to support the activity of certain neurotransmitters in the brain that promotes muscle relaxation and supports healthy focus and attentiveness, which could prove to be beneficial for those suffering from ADHD. Besides all said, have you tried relaxation techniques for anxiety? They have a very high success rate and I think anyone suffering from anxiety should give them a try.