I pack my daughter's lunch for school and we have eliminated the usual junk food (chips, Cheetos, cookies). We've been trying to get the kids to eat healthier and develop a taste for things better for them.

So far so good. My daughter is all for it and wants to eat the right foods. However...her lunches are getting quite dull.
Sandwich
Yogert (I freeze Gogurts and put them in right before she leaves)
Crackers
Fruit of some sort.

Got any other ideas for variety?

String cheese, pickles, raisins, "trail mix"..shuffle together all kinds of goodies..peanuts, pretzels, yogurt raisins, cashews, gummies, whatever. How 'bout granola or cereal bar, mini-muffins, veggie sticks, cold pasta (my boys like plain cold bow-ties), veggie chips, small salad, soup, chili, mmm-mmmm.. I'm makin' myself hungry!

jrjo: I like the shuffling of healthy snacks together. Like trail mix.

Forgot to ask: Do you ever worry about food spoiling? ie. yogert, turkey sandwiches, etc. I put the frozen ones in to dethaw throughout the morning. I just get worried about it, icepacks and all.

I put about three icepacks in her lunchbox.

We try and pack some veggie's or fruit for my oldest. She get some kind of cold cut sandwich everyday. We have to pack everything for her lunch so she does get Hi-C juice because the milk won't last.

With an insulated lunchbag or the ice packs, and with the items themselves being fresh, the short hours until lunch is fine in my book. What you might want to do is even freeze the sandwich meat slices in ziplocs and keep them separate for kids to put it in the sandwich at lunch to keep it colder longer and also from sogging out the bread.

Here's a couple pages I surfed up...
(1)

(2)

My kids love cherry tomatoes, baby carrots and pickles. I also send crackers - things like the baked cheese its ( they may not be the healthiest snack, but they are not bad incomparison to some of the other possibilities)

Cappy: Ditto with the juice/no milk thing.

jrjo: Will look at those sites later. I like the idea of freezing the lunchmeat. Never thought of that. She's old enough that she would enjoy putting her sandwich together as well.

Packerbacker: We do the Cheese It's here. They have been coming up with a different variety lately.

Canned Slimfast will stay good, even though it is milk based. Our daughter used to like to take it as a shake/treat until the other kids started teasing her about it. :x

Got a dairy solution here...

A regional dairy here makes these and I'd totally forgot what a tasty treat they were...have to get back into buying some. It's a milk shake in a can, good stuff

I've never seen those? Can they be put in the freezer? I'll have to see if our stores carry them. :D
BTW: I liked the pages you attached as well. Thanks for doing so.

My son's meds make it so that he is not really hungry during the day and you never can tell what's going to strike his fancy...so..I pack the low-cost, environmentally friendly home version of a LUNCHABLE.

A little heat, a little cheese, some crackers, a sliced veggie or baby carrots, and a fruit. He can also do an ala carte thing at school so if something turns him on, he can do that, too.

So, your kid goes to a rough school, eh? A little "heat" in his lunch box?! All I ever had were pencils and pens! 8O

Ummm..meat...I mean.

I SO don't remember now how we kids did it... you know, when a brown bag was what we took, no nice insulated lunch packs.

How did we keep our sandwiches from turning into clear-mayo encrusted messes?!

Maybe we didn't, and the memory of it was so painful that I've blocked it out.

I remember when I was in elementary school my mom would freeze my thermos overnight then put milk in it for me and it would still be cold at lunchtime.