Hello. I'm 40 year old female and I have some problems with preparing food to my kids. They have never had any complaints on my cooking and three meals every day are waiting them when they come from school or training.
You see, my older son, who’s 17 now, just recently started to visit local gym and his appetites significantly increased these last couple of months. He told me that three meals are just not enough for him now and that I could prepare him some snacks in the meantime. I was thinking about this and I wouldn’t like to make him some unhealthy snacks because it would be useless. So, I need some ideas to make healthy snacks!

Hello. I totally understand you and support you completely. Many common snack foods are high in fat, sugar and sodium. If these foods are used for snacks frequently, they can affect our health.
I had the same problems with my kids and that’s why I have read some books about this.
Do you know what are my kid’s favorites - I cut up carrots, celery, sugar snap peas, broccoli, lightly steamed green beans and include a dip made from cottage cheese and Ranch salad dressing whirred up in the blender. It is very simple and cheep but very delicious.
Some great choices also include fruit, nuts, yogurt, cut-up veggies, popcorn, peanut butter crackers, cheese, or a piece of whole-grain bread. Avoid high sugar, fatty and salty snacks, such as candy and soda pop.