My daughter will be starting school next year and I have been thinking about healthy diets a lot. At the moment, we generally eat a vegetable sandwich for breakfast. I am wondering if this is a healthy, thought promoting and memory encouraging breakfast for school kids. Please share your views.

I am intrigued by the concept of a vegetable sandwich. What do you put on it? A carrot? Broccoli? Do you boil the veggies or put them in raw? Salads? Please give me some more information! I always thought that any breakfast high in protein is healthy, but variety is also very important.

It can either be a vegetable pate, of the kind you buy in the health food store which contains tomato, peppers, peas or broccoli, or I grill the vegetables using a grill pan. This only takes while, and I put all kinds of veggies in there, but onions, zucchini and egg plant are my favourites. Are any of those veggies high in protein??