What sorts of whacky things did you request from your parents in terms of food?

For example, i made myself a grilled cheese sandwich today and instinctively cut it at an angle instead of straight up and down. This dates back to when i was very young, i wouldn't eat a sandwich unless it was 1) cut at an angle and 2) had the crust cut off.

What about you?

Burnt grilled cheese sammiches. Mom could/still can cook really well, but when I was a kid a burnt grilled cheese was the best thing.

There was a span of time where I wouldn't eat anything for lunch except for Kraft Mac n Cheese. And it had to be the powder kind. Pinch of salt, extra pepper. And the noodles couldn't be over cooked. Too mushy and I woulnd't eat it. My mom got bonus points for adding cut up hotdogs.

grilled chesse
but never cut the same way
rectangles
triangles
some times in four (squares and or triangles)

I'm one of 9 children, I didn't DARE make any special requests.
It would be like telling the Soup Nazi that he forgot your bread---
NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!

I was the only one she had to cook for besides my father and he liked really weird stuff that I couldn't get past my tongue like dandelion greens and fiddle head ferns and rhubarb.So I always got stuff I liked or was it that I liked it because that's what she made for me? Everyone talks about "mother's cooking" but I don't always like other mother's cooking so I think it's more what you grew up with.

I did like the coffee ice cream she made but it was a rare treat because some of the ingredients were rationed and some were too expensive to have often. She had to make coffee and boil it down to a syrup. That took a lot of coffee which was rationed and the sugar was rationed. It used condensed milk which also had sugar in it so that was in short supply and expensive. It was also labor intensive as it had to be frozen in the ice cube tray minus the slats then taken out and mixed again because the coffee settled to the bottom as it froze. That was the one special thing she made for me.

I forgot other added expenses: added fuel for the stove to do all that boiling and added electricity because the fridge had to be turned up high to freeze it. Back then the little "freezer" at the top of the fridge was mainly to supply the cold for the main part of the box it was barely cold enough to freeze water for ice cubes and freezing the ice cream mix took a lot more cold.

No pulp in the juice. Still can't stand it. Beverages are for drinking, not chewing <shiver>, please pass the strainer.

YES!!!! I never could and still can't drink orange juice with pulp or even eat an orange but I love to chew lemons for the juice but not swallow the pulp.

Had to have Parmeasan cheese when I ate spaghetti, can't eat it without the cheese.

We never had yummy junk food in our house so we went over to our friends houses and would play a game called "stuff your face". Basically, it was trying to as much junk food as possible in a limited amount of time...

If the gravy seeped out of the mashed potato dam I wouldn't eat it. One time I burst into tears.