There are numerous school lunch items that we have loved and hated over our years...of the bad ones, though...which one was the most despised of all the lunches?

I'm going to go with anything Chinese. I like Chinese food, don't get me wrong. But these white, middle aged, prarie women, who were our lunch ladies...they didn't know how to prepare it. GROSS.

who's next?

remember "shepard's pie"...actually I liked the bottom of it. I hated mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese........I liked my mom's not the school's. Used to drink my milk and then sneaked potatoes into the carton and then pray that I could dump my tray before the lunch moniter could shake my carton. (the lunch monitor had it out for me)

Stewed tomatos. Not that I ever tried actually tasting the stuff. Looked like a bowl full of blood clots to my creative little mind.

sloppy joes.

Tuna suprise...never touched it :umno:

Anything with onions or peppers.

In grade school I went home everyday for lunch - to a homecooked meal prepared by good ole mom - so I like d them all - 8 years worthand then I would wind down by watching the Gong Show.

The spaghetti that was made with the previous day's sloppy joe meat.

Yikes!! But that's what you get for not finishing off all the sloppy joes...
Least favorite? Any of them which included canned spinach. :puke: "What happened here? Did the cow get tired of chewing?"

Me too, 1/2 mile walk/run 1st grade through 5th. After that my mother was working days so I took my lunch to school. Brown bag of course so I could fold it up in my back pocket for the next day. Today I probably would refuse to eat most of the stuff the feds force feed our kids at school.

Which is what you get for not finishing off the meatloaf.

It's gotta be the white mac n' cheese...EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEUUUUUWWW!!!

Which means that the school's lunch budget isn't big or the lunchroom manager knows how to stretch a buck!
:D

:D
ding! ding! ding!
we have a winnah!
seriously, I don't think they used left over stuff...unless it was something "extra" not on the menu, but left over from the day before.

We didn't have hot lunch when I was a kid so I always brown bagged it. We could buy milk though, and I HATED warm milk.