I need ideas for healthy easy things to take for lunch at work. I have access to a fridge and I'm really tired of tuna :D
I also need suggestions as to what I can care with me for lunch when I'm in the field. I ususally just pull into a parking lot and eat and listen to the radio while on my lunch break. I could carry a small ice chest but that is a pain in the butt in the mornings and with the Texas heat not much will stay cold anyway. SOOOO....HELP!!!

thanks

It gets tough for when you are out in the field and are reluctant to carry a cooler. For when you are in the office, mixing up salads. I have also just started bringing the Lean Cusine and Smart One's and tossing them in the microwave. You can always add yogurt.

Apples, grapes, bananas, pears, peaches, plums. Tons of fruits you can take along to eat.

Carrots, celery, broccoli, cauliflower and tons of other veggies.

You can make a batch of chili and keep it warm in a thermos if you don't have a microwave handy at work. Low-fat burritos if you do have a microwave handy. Sandwiches...salads, tons of stuff.

Could you get a soft-sided cooler to take with you in the field? Sure beats toting around a big heavy cooler.

:1:
crackers w/ peanut butter/or just a canister of nuts, yogurt, sun chips, muffins...veggies and fruit...all good to have when you can't get to a microwave. Make sure you have that bottle of water where ever you go, so you stay hydrated. I've finally gotten into that habit.
I like the hot pockets and, yes, ramen noodles (the spicy ones) if I have access to a microwave. Also, leftoevers from dinner make good lunches too.

Shel

All good suggestions!
How many days are you in the field vs. how many in the office? It may be a pain in the butt, but if you really want to keep a handle on your eating, it takes a little more effort. Can you pack it the night before, while you're packing the kids' lunches? Or at least know what you're going to take and have that ready to grab and throw into the cooler? I do that simply because I don't function well in the AM and if I am too tired to pack lunch, I won't. If it's all ready the night before, and I can just grab it and stuff into a bag or whatever, I'm more likely to make the effort.

Living healthy is not always the fastest, most convenient way, but it is worth the inconvenience in the long run.