Hello! I am trying to implant some good eating habits into my children. I have two daughters and a son all under the age of ten, all in school. When they were at home with me all the time it was easy for me to control what and how much they eat. Now that there are mostly with their friends they eat a lot of sweets and chips and stuff like that. Yet, I am trying to keep our home a healthy environment. They are addicted to milk shakes and smoothies though, and I have to make them, so I try to make them as healthy as I can. Recently, I have found a great way of making them with flavored soy milk. My friend saw this and warned me that she has heard that soy milk is not good for children. Is it true? Is flavored soy milk good for kids or not?

Hi! I also use a lot of soy in my kitchen. I have heard the same thing about some controversial research that has shown that the estrogens naturally present in soy might affect the timing of puberty in girls and boys. I have a son and a daughter too, so it worried me also. I used to think that adding soy to my family's nutrition plan is a smart move. I don’t know what to think now. Maybe someone can advise us both?

Hello! I am no expert, so maybe you would want to consult one, but I do know a lot about soy. I am feeding soy-based food to my children ever since I can remember and they are healthy as they can be. They enjoy soy flavored milk every day. I make soy burgers, put soy cheese on pizza, and mix soy flour into every cake I bake… Basically at least one meal a day is soy-based. As far as I know soy is low in fat, has no cholesterol, and is packed with fiber, and that cannot be bad for kids.

I too am no expert but I've recently started using soy milk, and soy based recipes and I feel very comfortable feeding anything soy related to my family. I mean if your kids are super young (like under 2) then you may want to consult a physician before hand but we use it in virtually everything, and my kids love it on their cereal, plus the almond or vanilla flavoring...it's great!

I found this site very informative and even picking up the phone and calling them they answered all of my questions.

Very useful info.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Soy CAN be good, if you are cautious about what kind you are consuming. Most soy that is readily available to us is GMO (genetically modified) soy, aka "Franken-food", which wreaks havoc on our bodies and DNA. Be sure to look for Non-GMO on the label.

Soy itself is also a phyto-estrogen, which is why it is used for menstrual/menopausal problems in women. It is an excellent food for health, but I would just advise you to not have your children consume large amounts of it to avoid any disruption to their delicate endocrine systems.

Almost forgot to mention- I personally prefer almond milk (Blue Diamond brand is my favorite). The taste is similar and it is very healthy, but has no affect on hormones.

Giving Soy white juice to your kids means you really increase their chances of becoming homosexual in the future. If you have male kids then the female phytohormones found in Soy white juices are really bad for them.