Hi! My daughter will be starting elementary school soon, and it is very important to me that we set up a healthy routine. It is often said that a healthy breakfast sets you up for the day, and if I can help my daughter be a better pupil by giving her a great breakfast, I don't want to miss that chance! So what do you recommend for breakfast for school kids?

I have three kids, two of which go to school, and I always make sure to put a good breakfast on the table. This normally includes something high in protein, which basically comes down to eggs in some form. Boiled eggs with a slice of toast and peanut butter, pancakes with nuts, or home made breakfast bars are all favorites at our house. I also squeeze fresh orange juice for my kids every morning, to boost their Vitamin C intake. I hope that helps!

A good breakfast does not have to take lots of time, or even involve any cooking at all. I normally have a piece of fresh fruit and a bowl of cereal with cow's milk or soy milk, depending on what I have in the house. I think that this is a great breakfast for kids as well. I remember eating cereal before going to school as a kid, so if it was good enough for me, I am sure it is also good enough for your kids!