Hey,
I have to say sorry in advance for putting this post in this section,but I really had no clue as to where I should put it.
So, to start off. My problem is not that serious,it's quite annoying and a bit deconcentrating,and that's probably all there is,but still,if someone knows what I can/should do,please share. What happens to me is that I hear music in my mind, all the time.To make it clearer, I don't physically hear it,I simply HAVE to remember how a song sounds,it doesn't matter which one,it can be the last one I heard on the radio, the one I thought about when I heard or read something related to its tittle etc. Imagine any song you like,then another one, and then some other song, and imagine that you just HAD to imagine one song all the time. This is frustrating, as when I try to clear my mind, I manage to release all the pictures and thoughts,except for that music in my head. I've seen a psychologist, and she said it was a forced action, told me I should do some relaxation exercises. Maybe she taught me the wrong excercise, maybe it isn't about relaxation at all,but anyhow, it never helped. Any ideas ?
Thanks in advance !

Bruno

My aged aunt suffers from what seems to be the same or similar condition. It is called Musical Hallucinosis.
For more information ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Thank you for your reply, however I do not hear the music physically, it is more like I am forced to play it in my head over and over again. You know, just like remembering a song, it's just you have to do it all the time.

brunog123, definitely, there is no way this has anything to do with hallucinations - it's not only that you know m,music is not there physically, but also, you are very well aware that is just repeating in your head. It happens to me quite a lot, it's basically what "the tune has gotten into your head" is supposed to mean - like some stupid jingle from tv. It really does happen to everyone, maybe it's just that some of us have some sort of musical memory that sometimes takes over.

I was excited to find this little forum to realize that I am not crazy!

For the past few months I have been hearing music more and more wherever I go. Last week there was a massive rainstorm and all I could hear was heavy metal playing, it got to the point I had to put noise-cancelling headphones on to stop hearing it...my girlfriend thought I was losing it as I spent almost 20 minutes trying to find the music and kept asking her to check to see if her phone was playing music...
Now at work, everyday in my lab, whenever sounds reverberate from machinery or other labs I find myself distracted as I keep thinking it is heavy metal music playing quietly and have repeatedly disrupted colleagues as they seemed quite distracted by my confusion and insistence of music...I thought everyone was messing with me or I was going completely batty.

At least now I can rest a little more calmly knowing that this is an actual condition.
...but I think it is time I go talk to a professional about this, just in case it is indicative of something more serious.