Just a fub question....Do you have a song that pops into your head when you're going to push in a race or that gets you through a hard spot in your long runs etc (or is it yet again, just me... :umno: )? I was thinking this because my long run/long ride song came on the oldies station this morning, Edwin Starr "Twenty Five Miles". It sort of instinctively gets in my head when I start counting down miles in my head. "5 more miles to go" or whatever. But its a good thing, I love the song and it helps me keep moving when I'm ready to just lay down in traffic. (substitute all 'walk' references with run in my head) I got to keep on walkin' I got to walk on I, I, I, I, I'm so tired but I just can't lose my stride Walk on! let me tell you ya'll I, I, I, I, I, I'm so tired But I just can't lose my stride Come on feet don't fail me now I got ten more miles to go I got nine, eight, seven, six, six, six, six I got a five more miles to go Now over the hill just around the bend Huh although my feet are tired I can't lose my stride I also have an assortment of songs by The Prodigy that pop in my head during speedwork or when trying to gun it in a race. Just curious. :)

I ran a 10k the day after I turned 40. The day was very windy and all I could think about during the race was Bob Seger's Against the Wind. I'm older now and still running against the wind.

I simply must have songs in my head. When i was Army i would listen to songs right up to the run part of the test, no headphones aloowed during the test. when i needed to set a specific pace in my head a picked the appropiate song to pace i wanted.

I still do this for my skating. not always the same song, since i have a playlist in my head. never complete songs either :x . but enought to get me thru a tough spot most of the time.

Ok so Eminem isn't the most popular singer around, I'm sure, but I do get one of his tunes (lol can you imagine if he knew I was calling it a "tune") in my head when I'm up against it. I'm really not an Eminem fan, don't know any of his other music, but this one works for me...it's got a good rythmn too, so it usualy is good at getting a good turnover going.

You better lose yourself in the music, the moment
You own it, you better never let it go
You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow
This opportunity comes once in a lifetime yo

Just my Two Cents... :)

B

PS Lay down in traffic... LOL boy oh boy

I train and race with music, so there's always a song in my head. 8)

never :( .

:duh: I meant those of us who run without head phones....
IMO you're tempting the devil running with those things while outside...

never :( . And we have yet another difference between the front of the pack you and back of the pack me... I really really really like this for 5ks I'm pushing hard or 800s on the track, or really anytime I'm breathing too hard. It makes me scary/competitive for some reason. :umno: Breathe with me Breathe the pressure Come play my game I'll test ya Psycho-somatic addict-insane Come play my game Inhale inhale. You're the victim Come play my game Exhale exhale exhale

And where is that from? I kind like that. One does not quite sound "normal" thinking like that.

And where is that from? I kind like that. One does not quite sound "normal" thinking like that. Sorry, its Breathe by The Prodigy hey, thats better than smack my b!tch up :umno:

bettah than smack yore what???? wazzat???

I love this song. It gets my blood pumping and motivates me. I have his "clean" cd and I enjoyed listening to it while I ran. It was a serious motivator. Now anytime I hear Em. my heart starts beating faster and I get all antsy to run.

When I ran, I usually did with music. I didn't race with music, but since I raced most of the time in Philly, Gonna Fly Now or Eye of the Tiger, got a lot air time in the various crowds, especially, south of Market Street

thanks to this post.....I had a song that I could NOT get rid of tonight....and it was bad because I couldn't remember any words except

"secret, secret.....I've got a secret" and "kilroy. kilroy. I'm kilroy." But the tune kept pumping through my head :(

I read this before I went for my trainer ride this morning, and despite all my best efforts, I could not get this song out of my head. :meh: