Hi there lately my mind has been random repeating songs over and over again , and its irritating me!! :-@ As soon as I listen to the song that my mind is repeating it either gets worse or it goes away ,but sometimes if I listen to other songs all does is repeat it, And it even sometimes repeat what people say o.O ! Does anybody else have this or is it just me?And is there a way to get of it (Because its driving me insane) >;)

You don't mention your age or gender... but if this is distracting you from work or school, make an appointment to speak with your doctor or a mental health counselor... cause it could be a sign of something developing that they can help you deal with. :'(

These things happen to everyone, really - more to some than others, but really, that shouldn't necessarily mean that anything is wrong with you, its just that your brain needs something to keep itself busy, maybe because you have some problems ore are under stress that you are just unconsciousnessly trying to avoid thinking about. I think when whatever that issue in real life you have sorts itself out, the constant urge to repeat songs or words will also subside. And yes, its very important to know how old are you, because some things are completely normal at certain age.

I'm sixteen year old female.I was under a bit of stress a few days ago from some family and health problem's.It never bothers me when I 'm doing something like playing game or talking to someone?

I am gald I have found someone else with the same problem, but don't worry, it will not drive you insane. I have songs playing in my head all the time I am awake apart from when I am talking to someone of watching television. When I am out walking the dog, I find myself repeating part of a tune over and over in my head. I wish i could find a way of stopping it. I think I should try wearing an MP3 player all the time. My age- 67 and been doing it all my life. I have tried all sorts of diversionary tactics but none seem to work.

Well I'm really happy that there are other people out with the same problem as me!!I thought at first when I posted this topic I was all alone, but finding out that I'm not helps!!But I still don't know why our brains do it because its annoying.

I want to clarify that I am not a doctor nor medical professional. I guess the complaint of "getting a song stuck in my head" is more common than we had realized.

Perhaps it might help if you looked on-line or on the radio for another song, as a form of distraction.

I know we all get fixated on a song or conversation or topic from time to time. When that happens, complete rest, square meals and other activities for a break in routine is essential. For that matter, good rest & sleep, and regular square meals are always important to good health.

Hello Kevin. It is not just one song but one song or refrain can be stuck in my head for a couple of days. I can then hear a jingle on the TV and bam, that one now takes over. It is so darned annoying.

It is definately the mind not being able to go into neutral and even though the song or music is there all the time it is in the sub concious as you are totally aware and capable of doing everything normally.

When I am walking, I find that the melody is in time with my steps.

Actually I find it strange that there is not more people with this problem as to me it just shows a very active mind.

It happens to me a lot and the people who write TV commercials are certainly aware of it. They are experts at using music that will do exactly that.

I get that too, but that's what happens when you're around music :P

For me, it isn't just TV commercials. It could be youtube or the radio

When you are around other sounds the sub concious drops the background one as the concious mind is listening to the new sound. It is only in the absence of other aural stimulation such as speech, tv, radio that the music takes over in the sub concious. Hope that simplifies it.

This happens to me a lot but it doesnt really annoy me like it does to you because it actually make me a little lazy-happy, something like that, mostly those songs that I like.

Also its not just lazy-happy for me, its more like something that keeps me away from boredom, at least its like that for me.

i have it bad
it hurts

Electronic Harassment...look it up. You could be experiencing V2K. Part of unwitting experiment on citizens worldwide. See FFCHS. FREEDOM FROM COVERT HARASSMENT.

I understand from your words how painful it will be. These type of problems arise because your sub conscious is not in your control. This may be a big barrier for concentrating on other things, these songs does not stop. You will discover later not only songs but you may hear voices of any thing you think about most. This definitely demotivates us, makes us weak. One of the ways to get out of this problem is chant any mantra. It makes us to get control of sub conscious mind to some extent. Repeat any mantra loudly, don't think of any thing(any images in your mind) except repeating the mantra. Don't be worried, Don't be excited, Don't be panicked. Don't be annoyed, Repeat only mantra. You can use japa mala.
The perfect mantra that could be chanted is "Ommmmmmmm" atleast for 10sec long each.