Here’s a poll question: music on the run, yes or no? And give arguments for either preference. I like to listen to some music while I’m running, even when I’m not alone, because you can’t talk during running. At least I can’t because I follow the correct breathing pattern. Do the earphones in your ears bug you and make you feel uncomfortable while you’re running?

The thing is that I used to listen to music earlier but now I can’t. I don’t know why. Maybe it’s because the earphones are a nuisance and I can’t focus on running and proper breathing while something is humming in my ears. I have to be fully concentrated when I’m training and music is distracting me because I tend to get carried away by a song and stop taking care about my breathing pattern and in no time I feel exhausted and gasping for breath. When I listened to music during running I couldn’t find appropriate earphones, because the ones I had kept on falling out of my ears. So, my answer is: no music on the run!

No. I have a hard time believing that you can improve your running by adding a distraction.

/purist