Hello guys. My name is Dona and I am 37 years old. I want to know who can get cardiac arrhythmia. You probably want to know why I want to know something like that. Well, to be honest with you – my grandmother and my mom had cardiac arrhythmia. Somehow I believe that I am next, that I am going to get it. Maybe I am overreacting but I am scared. I don’t want to hide this. I just want to know what are the risk factors… I believe that someone has experience with it, so please share it with me.

Keep in touch.

You can tell me the symptoms as well. 

Good day there.

There is no rule about it. This is an abnormal hearth rhythm and it can happen to anyone! Arrhythmias are severe or long – lasting and the heart in this case is not able to pump enough blood to the body.  Like I already told you, it can happen to anyone, in any age. It is not important are you male or female. You can have an arrhythmia even if your heart is healthy. But that should not scare you because most of the people with this issue have normal life that is controlled with some pills, of course if there is necessity for it.

Hey. I understand. I know that maybe I am scared without big reason, but I just can't help it. I always wonder - what if this happens to me. I also need to tell you that I don't eat clean. I have that type of work and I can't eat normal. I eat pizza, pie and a barbecue all the time. I assume that this is not normal and that I should have some diet program. Also, I smoke cigarettes occasionally and I drink alcohol every weekend when I am out with my friends. Tell me, are those all potential risk factors?

Hey sister. Well, let me tell you that you have really gone wrong. This is not the way to prevent cardiac arrhythmias especially if you are afraid that you will get it. Sister, you are doing everything that you should not do. Those bad things that you wrote down there, well those all are potential risk factors to get cardiac arrhythmias. So if you really want to maintain healthy, you need to start some cleaning process. You need to start to eat clean foods, you need to avoid alcohol and you MUST stop smoking. When you do that, you will have smaller chances of getting it. 

There is no rules and don’t think that it is different at some specific cases. Arrhythmias can affect all age groups, but you should also know that atrial fibrillation is more common in older people. Drinking alcohol in excess or being overweight increases your likelihood of developing atrial fibrillation, so it is time to stop with it if you are a passionate lover for alcohol and cigarettes. You may also be at risk of developing an arrhythmia if your heart tissue is damaged because of an illness – for example, if you already had a heart attack or have heart failure.

Atrial fibrillation is a common cause of stroke.