Hi, good people. A cousin of mine suffers from anorexia. I think she is in serious condition. I would like to know which organs in the body are destroyed by anorexia. I don't know much about that. I would really appreciate this piece of info. Thanks for all your replies. Bye!

Hello. Anorexia is a disease that affects many organs and organic systems. In the beginning, it is mostly functional disorder. It means that function of organs is affected, not their structure. But, if anorexia continues to develop, morphological changes can be expected. There is kidney failure, change of bone density, anemia, significant loss of weight, etc. Cardiovascular system is also affected. I hope your cousin is under a medical supervision. In severe cases, hospitalization is required. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!

Hallo,
Anorexia is very complicated condition where your whole body is affected. But not only physically it affects you even psychologically. This is an eating disorder that will cause you to lose weight in that amount that you become very thin, but not good thin but abnormal thin. I am not sure is there a part of your body that doesn’t get affected by this condition. Usually for digestive tract suffers the most and you muscles get weaker and they lose their quantity in the body. How long is your cousin suffering from this condition? Is she or he searching for help or she or he is already on some kind of treatment? This condition is hard to treat.