Hello. I have been suffering with heart problems now since December 2012 due to a stupid mistake of heavily abusing cocaine one night which I will never touch again. Around 10hrs into the session, I was sat at home feeling seriously poorly then all of a sudden my heart started palpitating like crazy leading on to huge panic attacks for about 6 hrs with all sorts of other symptoms happening. I WAS CERTAIN I WAS GOING TO DIE but refused to go to the hospital scared to know what my family would think. After that night i had been suffering with palpitations every day for almost a month until things had finally calmed down a little. Since the palpitations have stopped i just seem to be feeling sick, lightheaded, dizzy, stabbing pains, twitchy sensation in the heart area which is a similar feeling to pins and needles plus other symptoms which happen for almost all day and every day still to this date. I have been off work since January as i didnt want to put anymore stress on my body. I did eventually go to the doctors in late January who referred me off to the cardiologist where they performed an ultrasound scan and ECG which showed everything was ok. The doctors have advised they think it is severe case of anxiety which is curable but could take a long time. My final conclusion to this thread is to never give on yourself and to always keep fighting Thank you

well i can say for sure you poisoned yourself... go out and buy as many different antioxidants as u can afford the more you have  the quicker you will heal, take baths and put a cup of Epson salts in the water each time you bath,drink Gatorade while u bath because this method can dehydrate you, eat banana's and drink milk with high calcium   a vitamin D supplement multivitamin and protein called L-Arginine will help as well!!!! do this as long as it takes to feel better,go by the directions with the supplements taking more than is recommended wont speed things up but could do more harm than good.

Hello Thank you for taking the time to send a reply, I really didn't expect one. I am willing to give anything a try as feeling like this for almost 5 months now can certainly take it out of you. Can I ask how you know this information? Also would you recommend a different drink other than Gatorade as anything with caffeine or high sugar levels doesn't seem to help the symptoms that come on. I have also been taking beta blockers (propanolol) dosed at 0.40mg three times a day since late Jan but no joy as of yet. I will be started exercise again on Monday as hopefully this will speeed up the process. It is Easter holidays at the moment and most of the shops will be closed but come Tuesday I will be sure to buy some antioxidants and if you are interested in my results I will post updates. Thank you

i know a lot about supplements and the body and 1 thing is for sure u need electrolytes for your heart Epson salts had a lot of magnesium in it and the body absorbs it very well bathing in it! calcium and magnesium together helps regulate the heart beat bananas have a lot of potassium in them this mineral will help to slow the heart rate down,antioxidants pulls toxins out of your body,L-Arginine helps recover from injury and is good for the heart helps prevent heart attack and any time u supplement its good to take a multivitamin to keep the balance of vitamins and minerals..... you can buy a drink called pedialyte its a drink for baby's when they are dehydrated.. i didn't know you were taking something for your heart so be very careful when taking them personally i would take everything that i mentioned and i wouldn't even take the beta blocker because banana's will lower your blood pressure and that's what beta blockers do. this could be very dangerous not to mention supplements can interact pharmaceuticals and interactions can be fatal!!

Hello. I have been to Holland and Barrett today and purchased some L-Arginine, Epsom bath salts, multivitamins and Acia berry tablets. On top of all that I have also purchased lots of fruit n veg. I just have one more further question to add. I couldn't find any Gatorade or pedialyte so I purchased some lucozade sport to substitute for that. Hopefully I have not made a bad mistake by making that purchase but could u please confirm? Thank you

that type of drink is pretty much the same as Gatorade so its gonna do the same, as long as u drink plenty of water u should be fine i mentioned Gatorade because it has electrolytes in it and it helps to retain fluids and you won't have to drink as much liquid.

Hey I know this is an old post but how are you feeling now? I went through exactly what you went through, every single detail word for word. I know I should've called an ambulance but I didn't. I've done almost every cardio test and everything is normal but I feel like I've done permanent damage to my heart. The doctors have all told me it is just anxiety.

How long has your case been going on for????? Its a year and half for me since the original outburst. Things are still the same but i have now learnt to deal with things a little better than before. Ive seen a nutritionist, had cardiac tests, medication, counselling and just recently started the fitness but as of yet no difference. I still never went to the hospital and never once admitted what i did to the doctors ashamed really and worried my family would find out. I am taking a lot of vitamins and minerals and also on propanorol and on a tablet called Mirtazapine dosed at 45mg and i must admit since starting the mirtazapine i have been sleeping a lot better. I spoke to somebody at my work who did exactly the same as me and totally F***** up his system and he told me it took him 4 years to get right lol but the thing that helped him get over his hump was cardio which is why i have just recently started. 4 years is a long time feeling like S**** but there is and hopefully will be light at the end of the tunnel

Mine is very recent, it happened in November and I still deal with irregular but sudden outburst of heart palpitations that has led my GP to believe I have panic attacks. I'm on Mitrazapine as well. I still have chest pains and I'm scared it's something physical not mental, despite all the tests I've had coming back with nothing. I'm really scared to do anything that gets my heart rate up because of what I associate a fast heartbeat with, but it would probably help me a lot (catch 22). Four years is definitely a long time but if you've seen improvements from a year and a half then yeah.. Light at the end of the tunnel.

Cocaine fires up your sympathetics causing fight or flight.  I bet you are stiff in your upper back too.  You need osteopathic manipulation.  Either strain counterstrain for the nervous system, Chapmans reflexes, or primitive primal reflex technique.  If you can pop your upper vertebra in the t/s that should help. 

Well cocaine is made with gasoline !! But one time use like you say shouldnt cause heart problems .... you suffer from anxiety attacks its not the coke !!